+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree20305Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Punkin, Brooks, Arielflies and 6 others like this.

My coworker brought me homemade chocolate dipped strawberries...they were sooo good! And my 7 year old niece and 4 year old nephew gave me a chocolate doggy. They made my day...

s1.jpg

v1.jpg
    Punkin, Brooks, beerbelly and 6 others like this.
    “Where there is love there is life.”
    ― Mahatma Gandhi

What did you guys get??
    “Where there is love there is life.”
    ― Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer161 View Post
    What did you guys get??
    I got to go home and make dinner. I made a shrimp alfredo, tossed salad and chocolate covered strawberries.
    (We don't go out on V-Day due to the crowds.)
    DH didn't even get me a card...first time that has happened in 34 years of marriage. I know it is a little thing, but it really did hurt my feelings. He forgot his wallet when he left for work yesterday, so he didn't have any way to pay for a gift. He said he felt bad and would make it up to me. He is the type of guy who tends to forget pretty quickly though.
    Today is another day. On with the show.
    Punkin and Stargazer161 like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I bought myself dinner at Wendy's. I was going to get my beloved son of baconator combo but they had a new sandwich, a mushroom bacon cheeseburger, so I tried that instead. Yum!
    Punkin, karna68, beerbelly and 2 others like this.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

We're retired and spend all day every day together, but we decided to pretend we were taking a day off from work to spend together doing special things. We went to see "Peter Rabbit" in the morning (see the Movies thread for my glowing review). Then we went to Home Depot to buy some supplies to put up an accordion door between our laundry room and kitchen. (Isn't that romantic?) Then we went to Red Lobster for lunch. They were mobbed with old people going out for Valentine's Day, but we were in no hurry, so we waited and had a very nice lunch.

Then we came home and fell asleep while watching Judge Judy. (Big lunch = nap.)

We've been trying to increase our walking over the past couple of weeks, and we're up to 7,000 steps a day. It was raining, so we went to the local mall to get in about 3,000 steps to meet our goal for the day. We were wearing t-shirts that we wear every year on V-day. Mine has a finger pointing to the right which says, "He's Mine." His has a finger pointing to the left which says, "I'm Hers." Lots of smiles and positive comments from folks at the mall while we were walking.

ETA: Found an old picture with the shirts.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Punkin, Brooks, MiaT2 and 8 others like this.
    I'm Paula.

OK, but you have to be careful out in public which side of him you're walking, don't you? LOL

What a lovely day!

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

We don't really do anything for Valentines day. A favourite bottle of wine, flowers sometimes. Hubby decided to surprise me with a Pandora bracelet, with a little heart on it. I was looking at it last month, as I'm not a huge jewelry wearer. This is perfect..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    OK, but you have to be careful out in public which side of him you're walking, don't you? LOL

What a lovely day!
    That's why we hold hands while we walk. LOL. We have other shirts ("I'm with my BFF") where my shirt and his have the fingers pointed the other way . . . again, holding hands is the key.
    I'm Paula.

AZ, you guys are SO CUTE!!!! I knew it was you right away when I saw your matching T's.

I get to meet Pikachu in Naples on Saturday, she's coming down! Yay!

Hope you all had a great Valentines Day. I was stressing out yesterday cleaning & prepping because we had 2 couples over for dinner (salad, low country shrimp boil & key lime pie). My husband and I only exchanged cards, we're not really into gifts. But I felt like I needed to be festive so I picked up flowers at the farm store here and put them in my red Sangria pitcher... and added a "Love" tchotchke we got as a gift back when we got engaged. Unfortunately I sold the 3 heart/valentine's theme candle holders on my garage sale ha ha ha. Trying to avoid storing up stuff for specific holidays and I actually could have used them last night.... oh well, them's the breaks.

v day flowers.jpg

Oh, the flowers are dark orange, not red! Color is off in the photo.

+ Reply to Thread