+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree20309Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    We saw The Commuter a couple weeks ago. What did you think of the movie, AZ? My DH and I weren't super impressed with the movie. It was ok..and we love Liam Neeson. He is an excellent actor, but this wasn't our favorite movie of his. I thought he was absolutely outstanding in The Grey.
    I put my thoughts in the movie thread. Your comments were kinder than mine. LOL.
    I'm Paula.

Hey there Forters! Sorry I didn't check in sooner after the sale! My worries were for nothing - everything was calm and no rude people at or incidents at all! I mentioned we had the driveway pavers cleaned and sealed this past week so there were sticks with yellow "caution" tape preventing access to the driveway. The garage sale was supposed to start at 8:00 AM and we went outside to set up at 7:30. The moment we opened the door and started carrying our tables out people were trying to run up our driveway. Scott told everyone GET BACK BEHIND THE LINE! WE ARE NOT OPEN YET. It only took us 5 minutes or so because we had all the tables with priced items ready to go, lined up in the garage and inside the front doors, we only had to carry them out, along with some furniture items. We had a crowd of 30-40 people waiting behind the line and when Scott said come on in we are open - everyone swarmed up to the tables trying to be first to see what we had. It was actually a lot of fun!!!! I marked the clothing prices FIRM and had no issues with hagglers.
    Here are a few pics I took after the morning rush:

IMG_1572.jpg
    IMG_1573.jpg
    IMG_1574.jpg
    IMG_1576.jpg

When all was said and done, I brought in $250.50. My mom came over from Ft Lauderdale with a carload and made $48. But it was fun & interesting - the banter with all the shoppers. This town is mostly nice retirees this time of year! I stuck by my plan to donate everything left over that didn't sell and took 2 SUV loads to St. Matthews house afterwards. The white cracker barrel rockers didn't sell but I will keep those or sell them on Craigslist. I also kept 3 other big ticket items to sell on ebay. Everything else went. Felt good to unload stuff and overall it was fun.

Thank you guys for all the advance advice. I would have been in SO MUCH TROUBLE without all the price stickers!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Punkin, Brooks, beerbelly and 7 others like this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Yay!!! Glad to hear it turned out so well for you, Corn !!! I am surprised those white rockers were not snapped up. You have a beautiful home.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

I watched the Super Bowl yesterday...not a fan of either team! I was however rooting for Philly since they were the underdogs!

Great game from beginning to end!! Glad I tuned in...
    “Where there is love there is life.”
    ― Mahatma Gandhi

Corn, OMG, I love your HOME!!!!

Looks very organized. You did great. And I am so sure St. Matthews was very happy with the donations.
    Punkin and Cornholio like this.
    KAREN

Thank you so much ECM and Karen!!! You guys are the best. We love our house too, it was a very lucky find 6 years ago. It looks barren without all my entry décor & planters, it was all moved inside because of the paver job!
    momrek06 and Eastcoastmom like this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Can I ask you guys a question? I have been trying to change my profile photo to a Valentine themed one. I thought I had successfully changed it but when I look here online I still see my old profile pic of a clock wishing a Happy New Year. When I go to my profile page it shows the new profile Valentine pic. Here is the pic I thought I changed to....TN_valentine_cupid_animated_gif_02.jpg

Which photo do you see when you look to the left of my post right here?
    momrek06 likes this.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

I see Happy New Year...
    momrek06 and Eastcoastmom like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I see Happy New Year...
    Me too, Ecm, I am seeing Happy New Year still.

Eastcoastmom likes this.
    KAREN

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

The picture you want to use exceeds this site's limit. Your avatar can only be 125 by 125 pixels or 29.3 kb. Your image is 195 by 142 pixels. Reduce the pixel size and make sure the file size is low enough and it should load.
    Brooks likes this.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

+ Reply to Thread