+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree20309Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Yes, Gutmutter, I'll definitely load everything that doesn't sell into the SUV and bring it straight to St Matthews House, a great thrift/charity here. Once I've mentally said goodbye I for sure don't want to bring the stuff back into the house!!!
    momrek06 and Eastcoastmom like this.

Corn, I believe posters have told you already....but I am saying it again. Just make sure you have items PRICED. ONCE the SALE STARTS, shoppers will be all over you asking you for PRICES and those that frequent yard and garage sales want to know the PRICE immediately.

ALSO between now and the sale on Saturday get MONEY. Get a ton of ONE's and a ton of LOOSE CHANGE and have it in a BOX, something you can carry around with you. Do NOT leave it anywhere unless you have HELP and you
    leave it with them.

As the day winds down, and you still have allot of items and you know its going to GOODWILL, do not hesitate to REDUCE your prices.

Good Luck.
    KAREN

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    They sell pre-printed price stickers. Also, you can take anything that doesn’t sell straight to Goodwill or put it out on the street with a free sign afterwards.
    True. But I have a box of address labels and a printer . . . And I'm cheap.
    Punkin likes this.
    I'm Paula.

Thank you so much Karen.... I have 2 shoeboxes full of quarters (from my pinball machines lol) but I'm going to hit the bank for singles tomorrow! $100 in singles will be enough I hope?

I have an old fanny pack that I'll wear. I just went ahead and got the price stickers so I'll definitely make sure to put a price on each individual item before the sale. I remember last time feeling really attacked before opening... I think I had not put my price signs up yet and people were wanting to know prices on specific items, it was crazy.

It's hard to know what prices to put so maybe I'll err on the side of low. I was with my neighbor in her driveway last time and people were grousing that her prices were too high.
    momrek06 likes this.

Anybody catch the moon tonight? It's a super duper moon. (Our only moon!) Sort of a Moon Trifecta. A Three-fer!

1. It's the closest the moon will come to the earth in like a hundred years.

2. It's the second full moon in a month, somewhat rare. (But since that is a human calendar construct, I don't know how special that should be. If we had decided on 10 month years it might be somewhat common.)

3. And it is a blood moon. That means an eclipse which makes the moon look orange. My son and DIL got up at 5:00am and sat with coffee on the wicker love seat on the front porch before getting ready for work and saw a bit of eclipse and an orange moon! I missed that. Probably be dead before it happens again. Oh, well.

I read about this trifecta a few days ago and decided to do a 'moon-watch' tonight. At 6:00p I set myself up in the gazebo in the garden with a warm blanky on my lap, iPad book, Pandora on my little Boze speaker, raging firepit and cocktail. Like a scientist. Weather a pretty comfy 56F and clear skies. It was a big moon. Not enormous. It was regular moon colored. I think the eclipse thing happened last night.

Despite all my preparations, it was a pretty uneventful experience on the experience meter. Don't worry if you missed it.
    Lynda

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    Thank you so much Karen.... I have 2 shoeboxes full of quarters (from my pinball machines lol) but I'm going to hit the bank for singles tomorrow! $100 in singles will be enough I hope?

I have an old fanny pack that I'll wear. I just went ahead and got the price stickers so I'll definitely make sure to put a price on each individual item before the sale. I remember last time feeling really attacked before opening... I think I had not put my price signs up yet and people were wanting to know prices on specific items, it was crazy.

It's hard to know what prices to put so maybe I'll err on the side of low. I was with my neighbor in her driveway last time and people were grousing that her prices were too high.
    Corn, 100 ONE's is allot. Maybe $50.00 in ONE's ... you decide.

AND the loose change, still have the coins secured somewhere.

The FANNY PAK is a GREAT idea.

But I do not think you want to fill the Fanny Pak with all those loose coins ... might get really heavy.

Add a good amount of coins to the Fanny Pak with the ONE's.

Remember you will start to fill up your FP as you sell your items.
    KAREN

I think $5 bills are called for too, to protect yourself against folks only armed with $20's. Good luck!

I would make sure I had plenty of 10's, 5's and ones. It seems at garage sales everyone has 20's. My mom loved having garage sales and she made sure she had enough change.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Okay, thanks guys. I will start out with $200 in 10s, 5s, and 1s plus quarters. I have a pretty unlimited supply of quarters so I can pop back into the house to get more if needed! Good point about the FP getting heavy, it will for sure! My mom is coming over to help.

When we were in Mexico, the businesses had signs saying no change for big bills here. You must spend at least 50% of the bill denomination you are using!
    momrek06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    Anybody catch the moon tonight? It's a super duper moon. (Our only moon!) Sort of a Moon Trifecta. A Three-fer!

1. It's the closest the moon will come to the earth in like a hundred years.

2. It's the second full moon in a month, somewhat rare. (But since that is a human calendar construct, I don't know how special that should be. If we had decided on 10 month years it might be somewhat common.)

3. And it is a blood moon. That means an eclipse which makes the moon look orange. My son and DIL got up at 5:00am and sat with coffee on the wicker love seat on the front porch before getting ready for work and saw a bit of eclipse and an orange moon! I missed that. Probably be dead before it happens again. Oh, well.

I read about this trifecta a few days ago and decided to do a 'moon-watch' tonight. At 6:00p I set myself up in the gazebo in the garden with a warm blanky on my lap, iPad book, Pandora on my little Boze speaker, raging firepit and cocktail. Like a scientist. Weather a pretty comfy 56F and clear skies. It was a big moon. Not enormous. It was regular moon colored. I think the eclipse thing happened last night.

Despite all my preparations, it was a pretty uneventful experience on the experience meter. Don't worry if you missed it.
    If you were up at 4:30 AM you would have seen the eclipse. That was the true experience part. I even saw some "red" as the shadow took the full moon down to a quarter and beyond. Unlike a sun eclipse, there was no "diamond" but it was pretty. I agree, though, it didn't seem any larger than usual, but maybe it was and I'm just an inexperience moon gazer.
    Punkin and momrek06 like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread