+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree20309Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee View Post
    I couldn't even sleep in my bed last night. She would sleep in it with us.
    Our furbabies are so much a part of our life, and such a hole when they're gone. Amy Lee, Cornholio and Critical, hugs and peace to you for what you have gone through or may be about to too soon. Thank you for giving your furbabies such a wonderful, loving life.
    Punkin, Amy Lee, Cootie and 1 others like this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I'm so sorry, Amy Lee, to hear about the loss of your furbaby. I hope you find some comfort knowing you gave her a wonderful home.
    Punkin and Amy Lee like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm looking into getting a different car, since mine has so many problems right now. If anyone has a car (Make or Model) to recommend, let me know!

I'm looking for a sedan, automatic transmission, runs on gas, with good trunk space. A navigation system, back-up camera, and satellite radio would be great, but aren't a necessity. If the price is right, I might be able to have those features added to a car.

My budget is super cheap. I'd prefer to spend under $10,000 and keep my payments under $200 a month. Obviously, I'll be looking into used cars, but not any as old as my 2002 Chevrolet Impala. A 2009 or newer would be best. I'll need financing so I'm not looking at a private deal from craigslist or something like that.

I went to Dale Earnhardt GMC last night after work and Kraft Nissan this afternoon. I still want to get to the other dealerships.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I'll need financing so I'm not looking at a private deal from craigslist or something like that.
    Have you considered going to a bank or credit union and getting pre-approval? Although - to be honest - I've heard so many private party horror stories that I would probably encourage you to stay with a dealership. A real dealership . . . not one of those independent places.
    I'm Paula.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I did check into getting a loan at my credit union and through Lending Tree but was turned down for both.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

Okay - just wanted to make sure you were looking into all options.
    beerbelly likes this.
    I'm Paula.

Have any of you guys held a garage sale? We are holding street-wide sale Saturday AM and I'm gathering my stuff to purge and sell. Any advice for a newbie garage sale seller?

We've participated a couple of times before and it was really overwhelming. Mobs of people showing up very very early while still dark out and trying to haggle while we were setting up. Stressful. Not looking forward to it. Maybe I can put cones and tape across the front driveways to mark off my driveway with no tresspassing until we are set up?
    momrek06 and AZChristian like this.

The cones and tape are a good idea. Tape a sign out there that says, "Opening at 7:00." If anyone starts trying to talk to you, ask them what time it is. And smile.

If people try to haggle too soon, tell them, "I'm not willing to let it go for that this early. If you come back at 2:00 and it's still here, I might consider your offer then. Smile, and then get distracted doing something else.

I make printed price labels. You can use a regular address label and put something like "$1" on it three times across. Then copy and paste it until you have all the labels you want for that denomination; make them for all of your most popular denominations. Then cut vertically down the page so that each address label becomes 3 price labels.
    Punkin, Cornholio and Eastcoastmom like this.
    I'm Paula.

They sell pre-printed price stickers. Also, you can take anything that doesn’t sell straight to Goodwill or put it out on the street with a free sign afterwards.
    Count your blessings!

Thank you AZ, great ideas! I love your response of come back at 2:00 and if it's still here I'll let it go! :-)
    momrek06 and AZChristian like this.

+ Reply to Thread