+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree20309Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Oh my gosh Amy Lee, same here. Just had to put my 22 year old much-loved kitty Salem down after 6 months of "kitty hospice care." I'm devastated. Feeling your pain. For real.
    Amy Lee and Arielflies like this.

Amy Lee---sending you hugs!!
    Amy Lee likes this.
    “Where there is love there is life.”
    ― Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    Oh my gosh Amy Lee, same here. Just had to put my 22 year old much-loved kitty Salem down after 6 months of "kitty hospice care." I'm devastated. Feeling your pain. For real.
    I just read your post. I'm so sorry for your loss. I just wanted a couple of more years with kitty daughter, but even that wouldn't have been enough.

Thank you, everyone, for your support. It means a lot to me. For the first time, I felt like I had nowhere to go, so I came to FORT.
    Blow a kiss, fire a gun, we need someone to lean on

I'm so sorry, AL. Letting them go is the hardest part of having a pet.

I'm about to deal with that myself as my old girl is not doing well. Of course, they fool us and rebound, but at 17, I don't know how many rebounds she's got left. It's amazing how much space those little creatures leave when they go, isn't it?
    Amy Lee and Cornholio like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

My heart breaks for you, Rosie sweetheart. It is so very hard. Find peace in all of the love your 'baby' enjoyed from you and the wonderful life you afforded her that so many others never have had. Hugs and kisses.
    Amy Lee and Cornholio like this.
    Lynda

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee View Post
    I just read your post. I'm so sorry for your loss. I just wanted a couple of more years with kitty daughter, but even that wouldn't have been enough.

Thank you, everyone, for your support. It means a lot to me. For the first time, I felt like I had nowhere to go, so I came to FORT.
    I remember standing in the rain in the parking lot of my vets office holding the still warm dear cat of ours in a box. I was crying and had to call my daughter. It was on MLK day 10 years ago. I still remember how devastated I felt. The folks here at FORT helped me so much as I was alone at that time. My husband was out of town and my daughter was away at college. My daughter drove home the next day so we could bury her together.

I am glad we can help you in some way. We can at least share your sadness and maybe make it not hurt quite as much.
    Punkin, Amy Lee and Cornholio like this.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Amy Lee . . . every one of us is vicariously feeling your grief right now. There's nothing that makes it easy to do what you've had to do. Think about the wonderful life that your fur baby had because of your love, and think about how grateful she is for that.

We folks at FoRT become family at a time like this. Feel our love and support.
    I'm Paula.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

I'm so sorry Amy Lee. I hope it helps to come here, and know how much we grieve with you. I posted last night in the animal thread, it's one of the hardest things we can do, to let our babies go..x
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I'm so sorry Amy Lee. I hope it helps to come here, and know how much we grieve with you. I posted last night in the animal thread, it's one of the hardest things we can do, to let our babies go..x
    I'm so upset that I couldn't even sleep in my bed last night. She would sleep in it with us. My bf is going to clean up her things because I can't handle looking at them right now. She fought hard to stay with us.

Thank you to my FORT family. You guys are everything to me right now. Hearing your stories lets me know that I'm not alone.
    Punkin, Arielflies, Cootie and 2 others like this.
    Blow a kiss, fire a gun, we need someone to lean on

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee View Post
    I'm so upset that I couldn't even sleep in my bed last night. She would sleep in it with us. My bf is going to clean up her things because I can't handle looking at them right now. She fought hard to stay with us.

Thank you to my FORT family. You guys are everything to me right now. Hearing your stories lets me know that I'm not alone.

I am so sorry, Amy Lee. ((hugs))
    Amy Lee likes this.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread