+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree20309Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I do a lot of driving around town for my blind friends so I've always relied on the gas gauge to let me know when it's time to get gas. I'll have to watch the odometer now and get used to figuring out how many miles I can drive before I need to fill up again. For the time being, I'm planning on getting $5 worth of gas twice a week and hope that's enough, if I'm just going to and from work. I'll have to put more in when I do extra driving.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

We had a car with a broken gas gauge, and we managed fine with it. We knew the capacity of the tank, and how many miles we got per gallon. So we would fill it up, and make a note of when - according to the odometer - we'd need to fill it up again.

The system worked fine until our son started to drive. We were filling up approximately every 200 miles. Unfortunately, he started adding the 200 to the LAST target number instead of where the odometer was when we were filling up. So if WE filled up, for example, at 95,000 miles, we knew we'd need to fill up again at 95,200. However, if we filled up again at 95,150 we knew the new target was 95,350. He, on the other hand, in that circumstance would tell us we needed to fill up at 95,400 (the original 95,200 plus the new 200).

After him doing the math a couple of times, guess which teenage boy's mother ran out of gas on the freeway, a mile from an exit, in the rain, before cell phones had been invented? No, I have never allowed him to live it down.
    Brooks likes this.
    I'm Paula.

I've never had the gas gauge problem but I did have a speed sensor go out on me before. No matter how fast I would drive, it said I was driving zero.

Fun times.

Brooks likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

I just came from putting my baby down and I just can't handle it. I'm waiting for the vet to call me back to tell me to come get her, but it's never going to happen. I can't deal with life right now.
    Blow a kiss, fire a gun, we need someone to lean on

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee View Post
    I just came from putting my baby down and I just can't handle it. I'm waiting for the vet to call me back to tell me to come get her, but it's never going to happen. I can't deal with life right now.
    Amy Lee, Sweetie, what is going on?

Amy Lee likes this.
    KAREN

I'm so, so sorry.
    Amy Lee likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

I'm so sorry, Amy Lee. It's heartbreaking to have to do that. I can imagine how shattered you are feeling.

Is there anyone who can be with you right now?
    Amy Lee likes this.

Awww, such a devastating time. I'm so sorry; the poor baby was obviously well loved and was lucky to have you as Mom.
    Amy Lee likes this.

It kills me that I couldn't save her. I tried really hard to.
    Blow a kiss, fire a gun, we need someone to lean on

It kills me that I couldn't save her. I tried really hard to.
    I'm sure you did!! And I'm sure she knows it and loves you. It's so hard to lose a pet.....
    Take care!! Hugs!
    Amy Lee likes this.

+ Reply to Thread