+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree20682Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    i don't know why it rotates my pic but not going to fix it!
    Because it makes it easier to brush off the snow.
    Punkin, beerbelly, PGM35 and 3 others like this.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Those mudslides in California are unbelievable.. Those houses!

Poor people, they get over the fires, and now this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    GEEZ, PGM, you FREAKED ME OUT.

I could not see the bottom of the picture (right away) and I am thinking you were in a CAR ACCIDENT.................Kar is taking a deep yoga breathe now.

SNOW IN TEXAS...........
    OOPs - sorry Karen!
    momrek06 likes this.
    Most Likely To Love Her Selfie, While Coloring, Pistol Packin', & Loving Her Boxer Babies

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    OOPs - sorry Karen!

KAREN

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Just had a fun luncheon - The Consumer Affairs Department of my former employer was celebrating their 30th anniversary as a department. I was their original Administrative Assistant, and then returned there as a 3-month contractor just a few years ago. So I was fortunate to have worked with many of the "old timers" and the "new kids" in the department.
    I'm Paula.

Work just closed and sent everyone home early. We're expecting a huge winter storm and driving conditions are supposed to get icy-horrible. Right now we're getting sleet, but nothing much is sticking to the ground. Time for cocoa.
    Gutmutter and Arielflies like this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Be careful, Joseph!

Okay so last week we had freezing temps and below 0 with wind-chill. Thursday dropped a foot of snow. Monday temperature warmed to about 31 and we had freezing rain. Today it hit 61F and is currently raining!

My beef today is traffic. Headed to see the in-laws after peak travel time and arrived at 11:30 a.m. I had prepared and brought lunch but we had to cut our visit short as there was a wake I needed to attend 15 minutes from my home. It took just under an hour to get to Brooklyn and 2 hours to get to the wake. The hours were 2-4:30 so we arrived at 4.

There is never a good time. Even leaving at 2 pm heading out of the city there is a ridiculous amount of traffic. Grrrr!!!! Sometimes I wonder why I still live here.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Eastcoastmom; 01-12-2018 at 04:59 PM.
    beerbelly and JosephD like this.

So great to have warmer weather! I went out last night without a jacket and slept with the windows open!
    Gutmutter and AZChristian like this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

American Idol Deluxe Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Be careful, Joseph!

Okay so last week we had freezing temps and below 0 with wind-chill. Thursday dropped a foot of snow. Monday temperature warmed to about 31 and we had freezing rain. Today it hit 61F and is currently raining!

My beef today is traffic. Headed to see the in-laws after peak travel time and arrived at 11:30 a.m. I had prepared and brought lunch but we had to cut our visit short as there was a wake I needed to attend 15 minutes from my home. It took just under an hour to get to Brooklyn and 2 hours to get to the wake. The hours were 2-4:30 so we arrived at 4.

There is never a good time. Even leaving at 2 pm heading out of the city there is a ridiculous amount of traffic. Grrrr!!!! Sometimes I wonder why I still live here.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk
    In the LA area, you turn on the TV local news at 4:30 AM and they are reporting backups and jams on the freeways. People commute up to 100 miles or more one way every morning. Most are going from east to west, but then the infamous 405 encircles the west side and is an anytime nightmare. Whenever I have to get on it, no matter the time, I take a deep breath and (after the green merge light comes on) accelerate into a mess that will slow without warning. Hah...a couple of months ago I had to go east on the 55 to another town to pick up my medicine (usually mailed, the box was sent to New York) and it took 45 min to go five miles. Anyway... to all of us who get in that car and try to go.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    In the LA area, you turn on the TV local news at 4:30 AM and they are reporting backups and jams on the freeways. People commute up to 100 miles or more one way every morning. Most are going from east to west, but then the infamous 405 encircles the west side and is an anytime nightmare. Whenever I have to get on it, no matter the time, I take a deep breath and (after the green merge light comes on) accelerate into a mess that will slow without warning. Hah...a couple of months ago I had to go east on the 55 to another town to pick up my medicine (usually mailed, the box was sent to New York) and it took 45 min to go five miles. Anyway... to all of us who get in that car and try to go.
    Guess it's the same in all big metropolitan areas, Arielflies! However, in NYC the highway speed is only 50 mph! I was shocked the 1st time I went to visit my son in Austin. The highway speed was 80 mph!!!
    beerbelly and Arielflies like this.

+ Reply to Thread