+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree20309Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I was typing an email to my family just now on my iPad. Every word you start typing, it gives you three options of what it thinks you want to say. I got the first three letters of “minutes” out and it suggested “minuets” but not “minutes”. For some reason that really cracked me up.
    beerbelly, Arielflies and Cootie like this.
    Count your blessings!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Schools closed for 2nd day here. Our governor has declared a state of emergency. Not sure of official snowfall tally for my community but it was at least a foot. The howling winds were crazy and there was limited visibility but we never lost power. We do have a backup generator purchased after Super Storm Sandy so I was not too worried. Temperature is currently 12° F. Brrr!!!

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk
    beerbelly and Fanny Mare like this.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Our east coast is getting pounded, there are times I'm very glad I'm not living close to the coast. Its not bad here, but we still have three months of winter..picked up some DVDs at the library...stay cozy ECM!
    beerbelly and Eastcoastmom like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Our east coast is getting pounded, there are times I'm very glad I'm not living close to the coast. Its not bad here, but we still have three months of winter..picked up some DVDs at the library...stay cozy ECM!
    Fanny, the sun is shining brightly today and it is warming me up, thank goodness. A few years back I was diagnosed with Raynaud's disease. My mom had it so I wasn't surprised when I was diagnosed. I never feel warm. I spend my winter days wearing a bathrobe over my clothing. But right now the sun is perking me up.

I hope my fellow East coasters are doing ok.
    beerbelly and Stargazer161 like this.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Fanny, the sun is shining brightly today and it is warming me up, thank goodness. A few years back I was diagnosed with Raynaud's disease. My mom had it so I wasn't surprised when I was diagnosed. I never feel warm. I spend my winter days wearing a bathrobe over my clothing. But right now the sun is perking me up.

I hope my fellow East coasters are doing ok.
    Isn't it lovely when the sun shines. It has some oomph! Because the snow was melting..
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

We have no snow but the wind chill in the morning before the sun has come up has been around 0 so most of the schools around here were out today. Not my kid's tho...she didn't have to stand at the bus stop, her dad took her in. But the weekend is here and we have NO plans for the first time in a long time so I only plan on leaving the house to take the dog out. I wish I had Netflix to binge but I have YouTube to find things once I have caught up on my shows.
    Punkin and Stargazer161 like this.
    "Alot of people when they listen, they don't listen. They hear but they don't listen to what the person is saying. " Boston Rob (Mariano)
    Thanks pikachu for the avatar!

Once we get through today and tomorrow, we’re supposed to have a heat wave... a whole week in the 30s!!! (Remind me I said that in July). I’m going to give the wood stove a rest and move more wood into the mud room to thaw out.
    beerbelly and Arielflies like this.
    Count your blessings!

Here in upstate NY, north of Albany, and we only got about 2-4 inches of snow. We were on the outer edge of the snowfall. Had it moved slightly to the left along the coast, it would have brought more snow. We did have the howling winds though and 7 days of temps that were below zero! Wind chills down in the -20s. Some schools closed during Thursday's snowstorm, but not ours. Even less closed the next day (Friday) when we had the insane wind chill!

So glad we didn't lose heat and electricity. We also have a generator that can be hooked up, if need be. (Hubby would have to hook it up as I have no idea!) We have a gas stove in the kitchen, so we can cook on that, and the fireplaces in the living room and family room are gas fireplaces.

We wanted to go up to the lake for New Year's Eve but it would have been even colder up there. Same with this weekend. I love it up there but not when it is so darn cold!

We're still in the single digits, but at least we've been spared a lot of the snow. We've had just the usual amount.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

I just checked the weather forecast. Tuesday, it's supposed to get up to the low 40's F. Sounds like a heat wave to me! But, tomorrow we're expecting freezing rain.
    beerbelly likes this.
    I am one step away from being rich. All I need now is money

+ Reply to Thread