+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6376Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

I Is Stephanie
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2290594;
    Someone must warn Lois Lane to stay out of this thread!!!
    Oh dear.

LOIS LANE: IF YOU READ THIS, STAY OUT OF THIS THREAD!!! Then again, if you read this, it's probably too late. Sorry.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Now that was a cute post....
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2290699;
    There oughta be a law about basketball playing in residential areas - it is the most irritating sound made by human beings, bar none. Thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump...
    Oh no, way-too-loud hip hop/rap/whatchamacallit is way worse to me, when it's rattling my windows the way the kids here are doing now that it's warm. It goes thump, thump. thump, too. And oh yeah, it's often accompanied by the basketball too.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2291760;
    Oh no, way-too-loud hip hop/rap/whatchamacallit is way worse to me, when it's rattling my windows the way the kids here are doing now that it's warm. It goes thump, thump. thump, too. And oh yeah, it's often accompanied by the basketball too.
    My fantasy is to slip in a CD of the 1812 Overture into one of those rolling boom-boxes--the cannons would probably kill all on board.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2291760;
    I guess I should expand my definition of "worst sound" to pretty much anything that thump, thump, thumps...

I will definitely take the sound of the neighbour lad practicing his trumpet (I actually kind of like it on a warm summer evening), and Dino and Nina barking madly away at anything that moves on the other side over that interminable thump, thump, thumping.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...
    Oh, that reminds me of a time back in highschool... One day at lunch (this is back when highschools still had open campus for lunch and we could leave for an hour) we were pulling back into the parking lot and getting ready to head back to class. Usually, this was a time when all the guys with the killer sound systems would turn it up and see who's daddy spent the most money on their stereos... All of a sudden, above the racket of rap and heavy metal, we hear this classical piece playing loud and clear. One of our teachers, who was rumored to have the best car radio in the world, was cruising the parking lot, monitoring the kids, and blasting out some Haydn. As he drove by, everyone turned down their own music and hooted and hollered and clapped. It was so funny. Every time I hear my teenage neighbor crank up the bass, I always think about that story. Great history teacher, by the way.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I have those little brown ants, starting to show up around my computer monitor. This happens every year. Does anyone know if there are 'ant traps' that I can get? I'm always grateful for any advice that I can get.

My heart is breaking for the Edwards family. Nothing is normal for them, right now.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 03-22-2007 at 12:41 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

There are ant traps, phroshay. They look like little round tins. I haven't found them to be very effective. I get them every fall near the sink in my kitchen. I get the bug spray that isn't a wide spray, but is a very focused stream and spray it where the counter meets the wall. It appears that's how they're getting in. I normally don't have a problem after that.

Sugar ants are the worst pest problem (well, except for the cupboard moths). We had a terrible infestation in the house we lived in about nine years ago. We had the exterminators out twice, and they still appeared everywhere.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Boric acid is good for getting rid of ants. You can lay a line of it along your baseboards, or around where ever they're getting in. If you have colonies outside, you can make a trap using a jar with some holes poked in the lid and placing a little sugar/water/boric acid solution at the bottom.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread