+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree20309Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Saw a video of a grocery store during the SF earthquake...crazy! And of course my worrisome mom was like ''I hope you don't experience one while you're there''....Ah Mexican moms!
    Punkin likes this.
    “Where there is love there is life.”
    ― Mahatma Gandhi

Living in TX...I've been close to tornadoes but luckily never experienced one on hand....and YEP...it is pretty damn scary. Two years ago there was one that hit close to Love Field airport....and it was headed my way..but luckily it strayed clear at the last minute. I remember I was alone and my then ex was in Minnesota...I was in my bathroom with my dogs so scared and on top of that I was already jittery from drinking two shots of espresso from earlier that day and on an empty stomach! Not fun.
    Punkin and PGM35 like this.
    ― Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer161 View Post
    Saw a video of a grocery store during the SF earthquake...crazy! And of course my worrisome mom was like ''I hope you don't experience one while you're there''....Ah Mexican moms!
    Naaaa, don't worry, Lovie!!!

Are you talking about TODAY's SF EQ ... as I was not aware of any damage.

Here is a tweet from a News Media personnel from today .... "Major shake East Bay #SF #Oakland #Berkeley #Orinda 4.4 magnitude #earthquake. Lasted about 10 seconds. Little bit of rolling motion and a sharp jolt. @USGS magnitude"

It was only 10 seconds long.
    KAREN

Yeah, it was no real damage shown in the video...just of items off the shelves falling off.

Excuse me..I'm Texan and not use to earthquakes, lol!
    momrek06 likes this.
    ― Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    Amy! You did it??? It was never anything I was tempted to do. How did you use the Ladies' room?
    I did it last year for the 2017 ball drop and loved every second of it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer161 View Post
    Yeah, it was no real damage shown in the video...just of items off the shelves falling off.

Excuse me..I'm Texan and not use to earthquakes, lol!
    LOL, I'm sure I saw the same footage. A few shampoo bottles laying in the aisle? OMG! Call FEMA!

The best thing, as Karen pointed out, is - no worries before the EQ! No frantic shopping, or boarding up windows, or sandbagging, or sheltering, or even worrying! It happens out of the blue and then it is over. Voila! So far I've been through a few good sized ones, and always came out OK. Beaten the odds so far! But then now I'm on a long approach towards being elderly (which I think starts at 95 ) so I have some time left for another big ride! I have to say EQ's are pretty damned exciting and, but for the possible widespread death and destruction, I wouldn't mind the exhilaration of riding another 7+ out before I die! WooHaa!! But, no death and destruction por favor. Wouldn't want that!
    momrek06 and Stargazer161 like this.
    Lynda

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    The best thing, as Karen pointed out, is - no worries before the EQ! No frantic shopping, or boarding up windows, or sandbagging, or sheltering, or even worrying! It happens out of the blue and then it is over. Voila! So far I've been through a few good sized ones, and always came out OK. Beaten the odds so far! But then now I'm on a long approach towards being elderly (which I think starts at 95 ) so I have some time left for another big ride! I have to say EQ's are pretty damned exciting and, but for the possible widespread death and destruction, I wouldn't mind the exhilaration of riding another 7+ out before I die! WooHaa!! But, no death and destruction por favor. Wouldn't want that!

I am watching our LA late news now and they are on the East Coast! OMG

that BOMB CYCLONE!

19 INCHES of SNOW in some areas (and it’s not done yet) and the TIDES have not been this high since 1978!
    KAREN

It is so strange to see a frozen flooded street. I don't see how any of those water pipes are surviving. There will be a lot of damage.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Mid-state Mass here. We only got a foot of snow, no flooding, wind gusts of only around 40 or so, and retained power. Plus I have both an oil furnace and a wood stove, so staying toasty warm. I was shoveling yesterday from 2 until it was too dark to see. I went out in shifts, changing everything (coat, boots, hat, scarf, gloves) in between. Boots by the fire to dry and warm for the next round. I’m going to have to go out today and tidy up since the wind was blowing snow all night. I’m sure I have drifts.
    But, man! The news is 24/7 about how bad it is on the coast!! If any of you East coast FORTers need a safe place to run to, I have an extra bed.
    Brooks and Arielflies like this.
    Count your blessings!

We have had wind chill temps around here this week between 10-20 degrees below zero. I am already so tired of winter.
    "Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." ~ Harriet Beecher Stowe

+ Reply to Thread