+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree20309Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Snow is better being seen from inside! Although it is thrilling to be out in a blizzard - just to check out what's happening.

Now I'm just glued to the local news. And love how people are taking coffee and cookies to the reporters outside. Some reporters you can't even see with the storm!
    Punkin and waywyrd like this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I, and everyone in the SF Bay Area, was wakened at 2:39am by an earthquake. It was centered in Berkeley, on the Hayward fault and was 4.5 on the Richter scale. Not a biggie, but you're always hanging on waiting to see if it will become the Biggie! Or a foreshock to the Big One. The Hayward fault is long past due for a major quake.

So, while you guys are commiserating about snow, what about Meeeeeeeeee? I had to go through that!
    Lynda

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

That's so scary, Punkin. I've never experienced an earthquake. We did have a slight one in downstate NY a few years back but it was ever so slight that I didn't feel it. Glad it was not a 'biggie.'

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    I, and everyone in the SF Bay Area, was wakened at 2:39am by an earthquake. It was centered in Berkeley, on the Hayward fault and was 4.5 on the Richter scale. Not a biggie, but you're always hanging on waiting to see if it will become the Biggie! Or a foreshock to the Big One. The Hayward fault is long past due for a major quake.

So, while you guys are commiserating about snow, what about Meeeeeeeeee? I had to go through that!
    Glad you are ok, Punkin!!! (((hugs)))

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ea/1002768001/

Hubby is there this week working. He said he did not feel it.

BUT we were both there for the 2014 .... 6.0 SF/Napa EQ! Do you remember that one? It was Fall. Middle of the night.

That one we FELT. INTENSE as hell.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_S...apa_earthquake
    Punkin likes this.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    That's so scary, Punkin. I've never experienced an earthquake. We did have a slight one in downstate NY a few years back but it was ever so slight that I didn't feel it. Glad it was not a 'biggie.'
    ECM, I will tell you this about EQ's ...... having lived my entire life in Boston and been through snowstorms, ice storms, tropical storms, hurricane's etc etc ...... and now having been through many EQ's,

some minor ones but THREE intense ones. The Easter Sunday 2010 which was a 7.2 ..... I will take an EQ any day over STORMS. EQ's last under a minute.
    Punkin likes this.
    KAREN

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    ECM, I will tell you this about EQ's ...... having lived my entire life in Boston and been through snowstorms, ice storms, tropical storms, hurricane's etc etc ...... and now having been through many EQ's,

some minor ones but THREE intense ones. The Easter Sunday 2010 which was a 7.2 ..... I will take an EQ any day over STORMS. EQ's last under a minute.
    I went through one EQ and decided I'd take snow..I was so scared..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I went through one EQ and decided I'd take snow..I was so scared..
    Naaaa, way to much drama with snow. EQ's over in under a minute.

You don't need to run to the store and stock up. There is no shoveling involved. You are never cold. The roads are never icy.

Believe me I lived through it all. I could never go back to snow, ever.
    Brooks likes this.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Naaaa, way to much drama with snow. EQ's over in under a minute.

You don't need to run to the store and stock up. There is no shoveling involved. You are never cold. The roads are never icy.

Believe me I lived through it all. I could never go back to snow, ever.
    This one wasn't. the highway was a weck...keeping shoes by the bed in case of glass being broken, no thanks..if my home is about to sway, its when I have to much wine
    Punkin and Arielflies like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I'll take an earthquake over snow, tornadoes, hurricanes and all the rest of it ANY DAY. While the rest of the country is dealing with snow and cold, it's lovely and warm out here in CA - currently 72 and sunny. Plus, how often do we get earthquakes? Once every few years MAYBE and they're hardly ever very big (the last really big one with a notable death toll was Northridge and that was 20+ years ago!). How often do other parts of the country get terrible storms and tornadoes with tons of damage and fatalities? Every freaking year. IMO, there's no contest!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

We don't get much damage, it's built to withstand I guess. Hurricanes? never. Tornado once, 20 years ago..so I guess its what we get use to..
    I'd hate to live where my AC is on non stop..ugh!
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread