+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree19997Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Hi all

(Haven't been home for a month.)
    Popped in again for an official:

"Happy New Year to all and to all a good write."

Punkin, beerbelly, justCoz and 7 others like this.
    In the beginning was the WORD. Without definition there was nothing. We define the words.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

It's snowing in Tallahassee today. We don't see that too often. The rare times it snows here, it usually turns to water by the time it hits the ground. This morning I could see the flakes falling and there was a light accumulation on the ground. Not enough to make snowballs yet but maybe by lunchtime there will be. The last time we had a significant amount of snow was in 1989. I remember tracing the date in the snow on the windshield of my car so my mom could take a picture.

School is out for the day and the buses won't be running until 10AM. A friend called me last night and was hoping we might get the day off from work. I doubted it and, sure enough, we didn't get the day off. Too bad, because I would rather be home. I hope this snow and cold is done by my birthday. I'll be crossing my fingers for a warmer spell on January 10th!
    Punkin, beerbelly and Cornholio like this.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

Pikachu, I believe it may be your storm that's hitting us with fury in New England tomorrow. I never get to use all my vacation, so it's an easy call to warn people I won't be at work during the big storms. It's a break of sorts from the record low temperatures we've had and that will resume and be even worse after the storm.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I just went on my morning break and already the weather has cleared up! The snow flurries have stopped, the sky is clear and blue with only a few wispy white clouds, and most of the ice on the ground is gone. There are only a few frost rings around the larger trees. Looks like it's going to be a nice day after all. This storm was nowhere near as bad as the one in 1989.

I checked the weather for my birthday and it's supposed to warm up to a high of 61 with only a 10% chance of rain.
    waywyrd, Cootie, Cornholio and 1 others like this.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

You must have sent all your snow up here, it hasn't stopped for hours! Of course schools, banks, and gov't offices are closing. Don't even think about going to the grocery store.

I just went to get the mail and I got my very first seed catalog of 2018. Nice.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

All regular TV programming has been pre-empted by the snowstorm. All news, all the time. Very cold temperatures with extreme wind gusts and very poor visibility make this storm worse than usual. They are anticipating about 9-12 inches in my area.
    beerbelly likes this.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    All regular TV programming has been pre-empted by the snowstorm. All news, all the time. Very cold temperatures with extreme wind gusts and very poor visibility make this storm worse than usual. They are anticipating about 9-12 inches in my area.
    I'm sorry to hear that, we finally warned up. Now were heading into another cold snap!
    I just went to get the mail and I got my very first seed catalog of 2018. Nice
    Now were back to having a garden, that's a good way to think spring, and block out winter!
    waywyrd likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

You guys stay nice and warm!
    My head is full of fire and grief and my tongue runs wild, pierced with shards of glass~ Federico García Lorca

Already about 10 inches. I went to the bodega this morning and everything was open on my block. God, nothing stops NYCers! I passed a gentleman who said 'I love snow! It's about time!'

As beautiful as it is out there.....I think that's the last time I'm going out.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    Already about 10 inches. I went to the bodega this morning and everything was open on my block. God, nothing stops NYCers! I passed a gentleman who said 'I love snow! It's about time!'

As beautiful as it is out there.....I think that's the last time I'm going out.
    My son is the same, isn't this snow great mum. I quite often wonder if he's mine..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread