+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree20309Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Being of the opinion that there are not enough designated drivers assigned, we stay home on New Years. We're going to run over to Sam's to grab one of their "bake at home" pizzas, and will spend the evening watching Netflix. Now that we've binge-watched "The Crown," we find ourselves watching a lot of documentaries about the era of the Windsors.

We MIGHT still be awake at midnight, but don't feel any obligation to do so.
    I'm Paula.

Brandon has to work and New Year's Eve is not the time to be going to a party alone so I'm staying home. Besides, yesterday is the first day in 2 weeks we've had temperatures in the double-digits. It's been 0 to 9 since before Christmas. It got to 17 yesterday, but so far today it's only reached 14 degrees. I'm already tired of shoveling and it's still December. My bother's having a friends & family get-together, but again, I don't want to brave the cold when my electric blanket, cocoa and Netflix are so inviting.
    Punkin, waywyrd, beerbelly and 5 others like this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

I'm with you, Joseph... we had our big Christmas get together last night with lots of rich food, alcohol, presents, and love. My younger daughter gave me a down comforter. Since I stayed up way past my bedtime last night and slept on an uncomfortable cot, I'm going to snuggle under the covers early and have some lovely sleep tonight.
    Happy New Year, everyone!
    Count your blessings!

Is this a sign of the times? We're all staying home and snuggling with our blankets and afghans. LOL
    Blow a kiss, fire a gun, we need someone to lean on

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee View Post
    Is this a sign of the times? We're all staying home and snuggling with our blankets and afghans. LOL
    I loved dressing up and going out at one time, I just know there will be drunks that are driving, and that worries me...plus this frigid cold. I like hibernation.. LOL!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I am currently at my favorite diner with hubs enjoying my birthday dinner. Tonight will be the 1st time in years we will be celebrating home alone. We usually alternate homes with another couple and sis and her husband. The other couple bowed out as they will be with their new grandbaby. My b.i.l. has Parkinson's and it is becoming increasingly difficult for my sis to take him out. So just a quiet night for us. I will miss the mean Brandy Alexanders sis makes. Not much of a drinker but hey it's my !

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk
    Punkin, Amy Lee, beerbelly and 7 others like this.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    I am currently at my favorite diner with hubs enjoying my birthday dinner. Tonight will be the 1st time in years we will be celebrating home alone. We usually alternate homes with another couple and sis and her husband. The other couple bowed out as they will be with their new grandbaby. My b.i.l. has Parkinson's and it is becoming increasingly difficult for my sis to take him out. So just a quiet night for us. I will miss the mean Brandy Alexanders sis makes. Not much of a drinker but hey it's my !

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk
    Birthday and new years eve, sweet. You're with your hubby, that's all that matters!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

After looking around all over these threads I figure this is the best place to give a nod to all the screen names and avatars that I interact with throughout the year. Y'all are my only "internet family" and I wish you a great new 2018 and the best of connections here within FORT.
    Punkin, waywyrd, Gutmutter and 4 others like this.
    In the beginning was the WORD. Without definition there was nothing. We define the words.

Happy New Year to you all! I love being home on New Year's Eve sitting under a blanket, hanging out with Mr. C. I plan to go to bed early I think. I am looking forward to 2018. 2017 was a very sad year in my household, especially the first few months as we lost some very special people in our lives. But as the year progressed it got better. Our daughter got married and she and her husband have jobs and are almost done moving into their apt. in their new city and it's much closer to our home.

I wish for happy days ahead for all of you!
    Punkin, waywyrd, Gutmutter and 6 others like this.

Happy New Year...to you all!! May it be filled with good vibes!

Had an early dinner with the parents...had yummy veal parmesan..and Italian cream cake for dessert..
    Punkin, waywyrd, Gutmutter and 5 others like this.
    “Where there is love there is life.”
    ― Mahatma Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread