+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree20309Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

We’re having Christmas at my daughter’s today. My other daughter from Denver will be there with the boyfriend we haven’t met. My son is about to move to CA, But he’ll be there with my grand puppy... a wirehaired pointing griffon. Google it if you don’t know what that is. So funny looking and playful, but big. I’ll get my fill of doggie slobber today. My cats have been stand-offish lately. Any time I try to pet them, we shock each other and their hair ends up sticking straight out.
    Count your blessings!

It's snowing today! It will be interesting to see the tourists at Times Square in the cold and snow.
    Stargazer161 likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Even with snow and crap temperatures, they'll be standing there like idiots tomorrow waiting for the ball to drop. I did it once too many times and it's not worth it.
    beerbelly likes this.
    Blow a kiss, fire a gun, we need someone to lean on

Amy! You did it??? It was never anything I was tempted to do. How did you use the Ladies' room?
    Brooks likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Yeah. Don't bother doing it, lest you want to stand around for 6 plus hours in the cold and snow. After 5-6pm, they do not let people cross the barricades to get into Times Square. They end up redirecting you toward an area where you can watch the ball drop on a big screen. It was a huge letdown and not worth it at all.

What is everyone doing tomorrow night? I'm having a low-key NYE...going to have dinner with my parents...a local Italian restaurant. I even went out today and bought a bottle of prosecco to ring in the New Year with my mom. My sister and her family are barely recovering from colds/stomach flu...and now my brother and his family are sick now, ugh. I'm bummed that I cannot see all of them tomorrow. What a horrible month this has been...
    “Where there is love there is life.”
    ― Mahatma Gandhi

Even before what happened in Erie, we were already planning on staying home. We're going to have grapes at midnight.
    Stargazer161 likes this.

My husband and I have been helping our daughter move with her husband to a new city. This has involved three drives in the last week to her current home which is 175 miles away. We helped them move most of their big stuff today so my husband and I plan to just hang out at home tomorrow night and relax to welcome in 2018! My son in law has been working in their new town for the last 7 months so this is a great reunion for them! They will finally have a place of their own. My daughters new job starts next week. We had some terrible weather yesterday but today it was gorgeous and in the 50's so packing up the cars and truck went smoothly! They don't have much furniture yet so moving by cars has worked out.

Stargazer, your optimism is admirable and I will toast you this New Years Eve. You are a lovely person.
    Stargazer161 likes this.

^Thank you sweetie! I'm trying!
    Punkin, Brooks, Cootie and 1 others like this.
    “Where there is love there is life.”
    ― Mahatma Gandhi

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

We picked up some lovely cheeses and different things from the deli. We also have some nibbles in the freezer, so staying in, low key, probably watch a movie. I'm often in bed before midnight. Happy new year everyone..

The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread