+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6237Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    They've been running around for months, having parties. So far they've done nothing.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2290437;
    They've been running around for months, having parties. So far they've done nothing.
    Kind of like this Amy Lee?

Mice? oooo, running in between the walls and floor and having parties?

I've had squirrels in my roof and they would always run about over my bed at night. Drove me and Snowflake batty until spring. Then when we knew they were out, we found their entrance and boarded it up.

Maybe your landlords should get a few cats... I'm sure you could complain to the Board of Health. Mice are not very clean. Good thing they are not rats though.

E.T.A.. Mexican parties ....that's even better! LOL
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I'm serious, ya'll. I thought that they were cats/dogs up there due to all the noise at all hours of the day and night. They even scratch the walls and it's loud enough that i can hear them down here. I'm sure they're related to Speedy Gonzalez.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I Is Stephanie
    Quote Originally Posted by veejer;2289988;
    Several years ago I was in line behind a woman and her young daughter and the daughter ordered a Happy Meal cheeseburger without the burger. Yep, she wanted a bun with just a slice of cheese............Oh, and the toy. Seems like an expensive toy to me.

Oh, yeah, I do that all the time. Only I refuse to take the toy.

Imagine the looks on the cashier's faces when a teenage girl, with her group of friends, comes in and orders a plain cheeseburger without meat. It's pretty funny.

And the stupid stories: well, I can't tell mine as well as Krom, but I still think it's funny.

So my Spanish class is..interesting, I don't think that there's a single normal person it it, everyone has at least 1 unignorable quirk to them. Some of us can't read a clock, some of us think so morbidly that the word association goes like this:

"Paul." "Um...Moribundo (morbid)."

But there's this one kid...well, he's an interesting child. He makes all of us look normal. So every day he has at least one 'revelation' that makes us all stare in awe--of his stupidity. One day, we were writing essays, and he suddenly pulls out a magnet. hes puts it down on the table, and a paperclip sitting next to it sticks. He is amazed, he goes to the back of the room, takes out a whole box of paperclips, and starts playing with them.

Naturally, we see this behavoior as abnormal, even for Eric. So we ask him about it. Turns out he never actually learned about magnets, and was just discovering them. That is, he didn't remember learning about them. At 16 years old. But it had to happen.

That's not the stupid part..wait for it...wait for it...wait for it....OK enough waiting.

So eventually he turns to me and says:

"Steph, why do the magnets do that?"

I'm dumbfounded, how do I answer that? "Well, Eric, interesting you ask that, because it ties in perfectly with our study of elements in Science, as it happens, there is iron ore found naturally in the magnets..." No, he'd never understand that. So I say, simply,

"Because they do."

Smart answer, huh? I think so. He seems satisfyed with that answer, and I go back to work, relieved. Then, a few minutes later, he comes to me again and says,

"Steph, why is that? Why is the world the way it is? Do the teachers actually know anything? Why do we have to learn Spanish?"

I laugh, then realize hes serious. Oh Gawd. I've been dreading his moment my whole life. Or at least for the last 3 minutes. Close enough, I might have rounded 3 minutes up to 15 years. Fortunately, I have ninja skills, and I am quickly able to reply with this:

"In the beginning there was nothing. And God said Let there be light..."

He seemed to like that answer. But then he goes up to the rest of the class and askes the same question:

"Why do they do that?" (It could be said that he's not the brightest string of lights on the tree, but to say that would suggest that he lights up at all.)

When no one can answer, he decides to give us all a lesson in magnets, complete with paperclips, and, you guessed it, credit cards. At that very moment, the Spanish teacher come back into the room, sees the chaos that we fondly call Eric, and takes away the magnets.

Anti-climatic, I know, but I still get a laugh from it 2 months later.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2290400;
    Mice! So what are they going to do about the mice? Surely they're not just going to let them run around!!
    Geez...some parents have no control! I guess she could try to restrict them to their little rooms for 'time out'
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I Is Stephanie
    Have they tried giving the mice eviction notices? Or how about telling them that you've called the police on domestic disturbance charges?

But seriously, do we know how many mice there are, or if it would be practical to put out humane mouse traps or something?
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Someone must warn Lois Lane to stay out of this thread!!!

11sstephanie, that was the funniest post.

I can understand how disturbing the mouse noise is - we had one in our bedroom walls once and I swore it was a huge rat, until we caught it. So much noise for such a tiny thing. Sorry, but my animal love stops at rodentia. Germy, disgusting, nocturnal beasts.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Peeve: 7:19 a.m. - awoke to the sound of bouncing basketball next door, and said ball constantly hitting rim. Had to be the stupid dad, carrying on the irritating, non-stop family tradition. Help Me, Rhonda!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2290595;
    Peeve: 7:19 a.m. - awoke to the sound of bouncing basketball next door, and said ball constantly hitting rim. Had to be the stupid dad, carrying on the irritating, non-stop family tradition. Help Me, Rhonda!!
    There oughta be a law about basketball playing in residential areas - it is the most irritating sound made by human beings, bar none. Thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump...
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread