+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree20682Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I just saw that the next royal wedding will be at St. George's Chapel at Windsor. I've been there . . . so historical. Can't wait!!!
    Arielflies and momrek06 like this.
    I'm Paula.

American Idol Deluxe Arielflies's Avatar

They were saying that that is where Charles and Camilla were married. I remember it not being very large as far as seating for guests.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    They were saying that that is where Charles and Camilla were married. I remember it not being very large as far as seating for guests.
    Actually, that's NOT where Charles and Camilla were married. They were married a couple of blocks away at a non-religious venue (the equivalent of being married by a Justice of the Peace. They then had a ceremony to bless the marriage at St. George's.

St. George's isn't Westminster Abbey (seats 2000), but it seats 800. The main seating area is surrounded by alcoves, and many monarchs - including the recent ones - are buried there. It's where Queen Elizabeth will be buried. It's where Henry VIII and Jane Seymour are buried.

Several years ago, we took our youngest granddaughter to Windsor. I specifically wanted to go back there because the chapel was not open on our prior visit to the castle, and I'm addicted to visiting old churches. I read that Catherine of Aragon attended church there, and that there was a special room above the altar where she would sit during church services. As we were walking around the main level, I saw a sign that communion was served daily and the public was welcome. At the appointed time, we went to the door that led to the communion service, and were led up a circular stone stairway. When we emerged at the top, it was obvious that we were in the very room where Catherine of Aragon worshipped. You could FEEL the history, and that was an experience I will never forget.

Yep, if they show that wedding live, I'll be pulling an all-nighter to watch (just like I did with Charles and Diana and William and Kate). I'm an unabashed Anglophile.
    Punkin, Brooks, MiaT2 and 4 others like this.
    I'm Paula.

I'm finally getting my packrat brother to let go of some of his crap. We started today with 3 big plastic bins - most of which is Christmas junk from our mother (who died over 5 years ago). About 1/3 went straight into the trash; the rest is going to Goodwill. There were also over 100 DVDs and VHS tapes. We are keeping 8 of the DVDs; another 15 are going to our community library for residents here. All the others are going to Goodwill.

He just gives us the stuff he's willing to let go of, and we're doing the parsing out. It's probably a pretty good ratio of what we expected to see, with 1/3 going straight into the trash. But he sounded like the people on Hoarders: "I need to go through that first." I asked him, "Do you think she hid money in any of the ornaments? If not, you don't need to go through it if you haven't touched it in five years."

He still drives me crazy, and I still can't handle going into his house because of the dust - but any progress is good progress!!!!
    I'm Paula.

AZ, you and Mr. AZ are amazing!!!

Your Bro has no idea what amazing support he has in you both!!!

((((hugs))))
    AZChristian likes this.
    KAREN

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

We used to go on school trips to Windsor castle, I loved it, but I just didn't appreciate it, until I returned to the UK. The same with Winchester Cathedral, she's a beauty!
    momrek06 and AZChristian like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Iím finally settling back to normalcy after a thanksgiving week in Ohio and a visit from an old friend living in Japan.
    beerbelly, momrek06 and Cootie like this.
    Count your blessings!

Things are officially calm now after our move. I slept 9 hours straight last night, and didn't even get up to go potty during the night! We have no major projects to do, so I'm going to spend the day working on e-mails and stuff and reading!!!!
    I'm Paula.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Things are officially calm now after our move. I slept 9 hours straight last night, and didn't even get up to go potty during the night! We have no major projects to do, so I'm going to spend the day working on e-mails and stuff and reading!!!!
    All wonderful, AZ!!!

You both deserve this time to sit back and just enjoy your NEW ABODE!!!

You have done an amazing job!!! Everything looks so homey and so comfy!!!

YEAH YOU TWO!!!!

WELCOME BACK GUT!!!
    AZChristian likes this.
    KAREN

Couldn't figure out where to post this but did you guys see Massage Envy in the news with 200 women that have come forward about being assaulted/molested while getting a massage?

Massage Envy promises reforms after reports of sexual assault - Dec. 5, 2017

I go to Massage Envy and just curious if you guys have seen this in the news and what you think. After watching Dr Oz on this yesterday - he interviewed 2 women who were assaulted - what stands out to me is that they had no underwear on. Why they heck would anyone get completely nude for a massage? I mean you need to take your bra off so they can work on your back but why were the panties off? I have had a LOT of massages and I have NEVER taken my panties off for a massage. There is just no reason to! Or am I the only one who thinks this??????

+ Reply to Thread