+ Reply to Thread
Page 3241 of 3241 FirstFirst ... 224127413141319132313232323332343235323632373238323932403241
Results 32,401 to 32,409 of 32409
Like Tree19411Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I have a friend who fell for the time share scam years ago and I feel so bad for her. She asked me to come with her once and it was kind of sad. I mean, it was in a lovely location but NOTHING to do! It is in the Berkshires near the ski slopes but she doesn’t ski and her time slot is in the summer. You can pay to paint a wine glass, drive a ways and pay for other things like museums and Tanglewood, but a week is a long time. She asked me to go the next year and I declined.
    beerbelly likes this.
    Count your blessings!

HAPPY VETERANS DAY to all of our veterans, as well as to those now serving our country!!!!
    Punkin, Brooks, beerbelly and 3 others like this.
    "Dogs do speak, but only to those who know how to listen." ~ Orhan Pamuk

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

One of my FB friends (whom I know to be an excellent cook) posted that she had just been selected to compete on MasterChef. I was so excited, and congratulated her.

Turned out to be one of those "because you responded, you are now on the hook to post one of these 30 situations on your FB." Supposedly, this is in support of autism awareness. Big guilt trip about "keeping it going" and "not spilling the secret."

I hate those things. I just don't respond. And it makes me less likely to respond to her future posts.

WHY do people do these things?
    Gutmutter, Cornholio and JosephD like this.
    I'm Paula.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I don't do those things. If I find out something is a challenge or chain letter after I respond, I refuse to participate. I don't mind being a party-pooper for a stupid fad!
    AZChristian likes this.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    One of my FB friends (whom I know to be an excellent cook) posted that she had just been selected to compete on MasterChef. I was so excited, and congratulated her.

Turned out to be one of those "because you responded, you are now on the hook to post one of these 30 situations on your FB." Supposedly, this is in support of autism awareness. Big guilt trip about "keeping it going" and "not spilling the secret."

I hate those things. I just don't respond. And it makes me less likely to respond to her future posts.

WHY do people do these things?
    Ugh! That is so annoying. I remember being annoyed at getting chain letters in the mail!
    AZChristian and JosephD like this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

This is not a chain letter, but it's similar: I always hate the kind of posts that solicit people's involvement by claiming that if "X" number of people don't share some post within the next 2 hours then little Timmy won't get the kidney he so desperately needs or that Jesus doesn't love you or some other guilt trip message.
    beerbelly likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JosephD View Post
    This is not a chain letter, but it's similar: I always hate the kind of posts that solicit people's involvement by claiming that if "X" number of people don't share some post within the next 2 hours then little Timmy won't get the kidney he so desperately needs or that Jesus doesn't love you or some other guilt trip message.
    Well, I've been friends with Jesus since long before Facebook . . . that's NOT how He does things.
    Brooks, beerbelly, justCoz and 1 others like this.
    I'm Paula.

Don't tell me what to do! That's my job...
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Well, I've been friends with Jesus since long before Facebook . . . that's NOT how He does things.
    OMG AZ, cracked up reading this!!!
    AZChristian likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

+ Reply to Thread