+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5835Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Is Wallyworld really that desperate for money to make someone pay for what has already been paid for?
    That desperate? No. That greedy? A resounding YES!
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    You're right! I chose the w-r-o-n-g word!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by veejer;2289988;
    Several years ago I was in line behind a woman and her young daughter and the daughter ordered a Happy Meal cheeseburger without the burger. Yep, she wanted a bun with just a slice of cheese............Oh, and the toy. Seems like an expensive toy to me.
    My neice and family are vegetarians and this is how they always order for their kids at McDonald's.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2289993;
    So, they sell left behind (but already paid for) products at a warehouse auction at Walmart?? That's hardly fair since the merchandise has already been paid for. Is Wallyworld really that desperate for money to make someone pay for what has already been paid for? Boo! Hiss! Ripoff!!
    I've left behind stuff and I go back with my receipt and get what I paid for and left behind. I've had to do this several times, so now I make doubley sure I have everything and I spin the wheel of bags even if it makes the cashier mad. I just say: "I've left stuff behind too many times. Just making sure" and usually its not a problem.
    Never had a problem going back for my stuff either. Customer Service usually has it unless it was a refrigerated product.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Several years ago I was in line behind a woman and her young daughter and the daughter ordered a Happy Meal cheeseburger without the burger. Yep, she wanted a bun with just a slice of cheese............Oh, and the toy. Seems like an expensive toy to me.
    My friend's daughter eats only ketchup and mustard on the bun. No meat, no cheese. Just condiments. That's a really expensive toy!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Sounds like a distant cousin of mine. This was when she was four years old. One day we went out for pizza, she just wanted cheese, no tomato sauce or nothing else. Another day it was tacos, just a shell with cheese. She really liked her cheese. I guess (and really hope) she's passed that stage now as she is ten years old now.

Myrosiedog and Prhoshay - this particular customer was asking about items that the people never return for. The clerk could have well been wrong about it, too. I've never heard of such an auction.

ETA
    I did a search on 'Walmart auction' then 'Walmart unclaimed merchandise' and didn't find anything that looked like what she was talking about.
    Last edited by cricketeen; 03-21-2007 at 12:01 PM.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

There must be a lot of kids like that, because I noticed that McDonalds added a grilled cheese sandwich option to their Happy Meal combos.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2290072;
    My neice and family are vegetarians and this is how they always order for their kids at McDonald's.

I've left behind stuff and I go back with my receipt and get what I paid for and left behind. I've had to do this several times, so now I make doubley sure I have everything and I spin the wheel of bags even if it makes the cashier mad. I just say: "I've left stuff behind too many times. Just making sure" and usually its not a problem.
    I had that happen recently in Wal Mart. I don't know why this irritates cashiers so much. I feel every customer has a right to spin that bag holder to check to make sure all groceries are received. I always do.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    So my building management just came for an inspection. I enquired about the neighbor upstairs and her rambunctious pets. I was shocked when the inspector said that the little old lady that lives above me actually has just one small dog, all the running and noise that goes on is brought to us by mice.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Mice! So what are they going to do about the mice? Surely they're not just going to let them run around!!

+ Reply to Thread