+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree19250Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I love to challenge myself to get out of my comfort zone while I'm on vacation. You will feel so good about yourself and might even be an zip line addict like AZ!
    Punkin and Cornholio like this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

WHAT! Punkin's going zip lining?!?! Woo Hoo! You go, Punkin! Let us know how you like it.
    Punkin and beerbelly like this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

There are several ziplines around Maui. There are two that take off from Maui Tropical Plantation. We did the Flyin Hawaiian - awesome tour, but quite a bit of walking uphill on dirt paths (this was about 6 weeks before my knee replacement).

There's another zipline course that looked to be less intense (kids from the age of 6 can do it). It's the Maui Zipline.com/. I recommend for novices that you find ziplines like these that don't require you to use a gloved hand as a brake.
    I'm Paula.

On FB tonight, my cousin who lives in Palo Alto said the smoke is affecting them. One of my sister's is doing some work in Sacramento and they too are getting a lot of smoke.

One niece went to Santa Rosa State twenty some odd years ago. Her aunt and uncle both worked in wineries back then. Their house still stands.

I remember vacationing in '92 and doing the Napa and Sonoma Valley wineries and going to a spa in Calistoga. So sad to see it now!

I know...I absolutely love Napa...driving through the lush scenery...it's like visiting Italy.

My friend in Sacramento was telling me I should stock up on wine since prices are more than likely going to soar in the coming days/months.
    Punkin likes this.

It's day five for the fires with very little containment. So far my son's house in Santa Rosa and duplex in Sonoma are OK. So stressful though, as the winds can change direction and intensity at any time. We had very heavy smoke smell and haze yesterday here on the SF Peninsula. Not so much today. I just continue to worry, worry, worry.
    Lynda

FORT Fan

The fires are devastating. My sister had a vacation home up by the Silverado Resort and that is now gone. Although it's very sad, she is taking it in stride knowing that there are people out there that lost much, much more. Just sad thinking about the memories that were made in the house. We also have a cousin that had to change wedding plans as the venue was right in the middle of the fires. Luckily they are making it work down in SF. Smoke has been heavy. Soccer practices canceled for the week and the kids schools are keeping them inside. All in all, just praying for all the people involved and hoping the fire fighters continue to make strides on the containment of the fires. So sad.
    Punkin and Fanny Mare like this.

So sorry for the losses suffered by your family, mcmomof2.
    JosephD likes this.
    Lynda

To all the weather-distressed FORT friends -- wherever now or 6 weeks from now --

My day is so much routine while yours is in so much chaos.
    I think of y'all so often.
    I send you hugs, we wish you hope.
    Punkin, Eastcoastmom and JosephD like this.
    In the beginning was the WORD. Without definition there was nothing. We define the words.

Just learned from my son in Santa Rosa that the home of the couple who adopted my cats is gone. I am so upset. I'm praying that their (very well off) adoptive parents got them into the high-end cat carriers I bought for them when I gave them up, and evacuated before the fire moved in. Yet I am bereft at the thought that they have been so afraid again. This has been an awful year for them as well as for me. They have lost everything that I did, they lost Ray, then their home, then Randy, then ME! I had these seven year old Tuxedoes since they were 5 weeks old and rescued by Randy from the SPCA truck, as they were born to a stray and the family where were born under the front steps complained because their dog was barking when the kittens cried.

I understand that my son, Rick, in Santa Rosa, feels it would be bad timing to call the couple to check on the cats. But I promised, promised, promised my son, Randy, before he died in June, that I would take care of the cats he loved so much. I am so grateful that my son and his family are alright so far in this unprecedented urban apocalypse, but no one here seems to understand how much I feel distress over my cats going through this (ANOTHER!!!) stressful time. I am going to break down and cry when I go to bed tonight. I have to do this alone, because I am the only one left who loved these babies for all of their lives. It's just another horrible loss. And I can't do anything about it.

Sweetie Bug and Momma, I love you so much. I pray that you are OK and not too afraid.
    Photobabe likes this.
    Lynda

+ Reply to Thread