+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6766Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2286239;
    We do them all the time. I pick up supplies anywhere I can find them. Have you tried searching on line? You need henna powder and eucalyptus oil (and lemon with sugar to coat it with). It takes many hours once you've applied it if you want it to last 2 or 3 weeks. There is more than one grade of henna - one for hair and one for mehndis. I'd look for a kit - usually in your more funky stores or health food stores. I'm sure if you have a health food store nearby they could order it for you. Let me know if you strike out and I'll find some for you. I also recommend using stencils instead of freehand for your first attempt.
    Thanks Gutmutter. I've been searching online, but nothing local. I think I have to phone and visit a few places to find out. My sweetie does caricature drawing and he suggested I learn face painting and/mehndi so I could work some gigs with him and make some extra cash.

Amanda: No, you didnt answer the question, but it was sure nice you tried!

jasmar: I saw an Indian wedding bride during an outside photo shoot and she was the most gorgeous looking women ever in her traditional dress and makeup. Stunning.

myrosiedog: Do they sell ColdFx down there yet? It's been proven to help stop the onset of colds. I thnk Mark Messier is their product ambassador in the U.S.

In general: Yes ,it's very difficult to work with people or companies who don't admit to simple mistakes. It's also very difficult to work in places where you "can't say certain things" so you are constanting editing your writing and speech. Finding something you can say to answer the question can be just as frustrating. And very stressful.
    Last edited by misskitty; 03-20-2007 at 03:31 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

New peeve for me:
    Wal-Mart's bag carousel. The checker put two of my bags on top of it, but left the third down on the side. I cheerfully grabbed the two on top, unaware of the third. Until I got home, that is. I'm usually careful to make sure I got all the bags, but today I dropped the ball.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

I hate those too, cricketeen! I'm constantly almost forgetting a bag because it ends up back over by the cashier before I can get my other stuff loaded up. Since I'm the already world's worst about leaving things in the store after I pay, I don't need any help~!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Tales of the STOOPIT!

I thought it might be fun to have a thread where we can tell anecdotes to each other about the times when we are just kind of hanging around the edges of idiocy.

For example, when we are on line at a ten items or less supermarket lane and someone ahead of us tries to sneak in extra items... or even funnier when someone ELSE in line threatens them for going one over and we get to witness a huge fight over it; when we are at a kid's baseball game and a parent rails at their kid in front of the whole crowd for missing a pitch; when someone in a vehicle does something particularly jerky, etc. etc.

My one rule is that your involvement, as the narrator, has to be mostly as an observer. If you were more than a marginal presence in this situation, its not fit for this topic. Your opinions on the matter can give the story a voice, but your actions, for the most part, should be passive/observational.

It can even be something you saw on TV, although are probably a bit less satisfying than personal observations.

------------------

Here's one I witnessed today.

I'm making my once-every-2-months-or-so stop in my local Wendy's (I don't eat much fast food). I'm hungry, tired and a bit surly, but also in kind of a wry mood as well.

The man in line in front of me is kind of an oaf--that much is obvious pretty quickly.

Actually, the way this goes down specifically is that he walks away after paying, I begin to place my order, and he comes running back and starts yelling at the cashier, cutting me off mid-sentence pretty much as if I don't even exist.

"Where's my cheeseburger and my chicken sandwich?" he bellows, holding up a tray with nothing but two drink cups and a salad on it.

"Sir", the cashier says, "you are supposed to wait here until they are ready and we put them on the tray. You just took your change and walked away..."

"Oh." the man says. "Right. Where are they?"

The cashier looks to one side and sees the items have shown up in a warming tray while this conversation has been going on. "Here you go sir, Have a nice day."

The man stomps away.

After I place my own order I'm waiting to one side of the register for my own food, and the man comes stomping back.

"Why is there cheese on my cheeseburger?"

"Sir"?

"I said, why is there cheese on my cheeseburger?"

Two or three minutes of wrangling follow which basically boil down to the following: the man ordered a cheeseburger WITHOUT cheese. It takes me a while to realize (and the cashier is totally befuddled) that the man wants a cheeseburger because he wants the BACON that comes with it. But not the cheese. Why he doesn't just order a hamburger and tell them to ADD bacon is something of a mystery.

He goes on to the cashier about how "those guys in back always get it wrong!" and how "they must not even speak English!" Mind you most of the staff of this location is Hispanic. INCLUDING the cashier who he's making this smartass racial comment to.

Meanwhile I'm standing to one side trying REALLY hard not to laugh out loud. Less out of consideration for the jerk customer than the cashier, who might think I'm laughing at him being put in this ludicrous situation.

Now I'm not going to claim that I've never yelled at a fast food restaurant employee, but even ignoring the racial comment and the fact that the man could have ordered smarter (and seems to order this particular thing enough that he should know better), a couple of other things occur to me.

1.) He's yelling at the cashier about being misunderstood, but its just as likely (if not more) that the misunderstanding came from the cashier as the "guys in back". If I'd been able to see the receipt I suppose I could have told you for sure.

2.) Unless the guy is a really strict Jew who keeps kosher (and frankly... he didn't look the part, nor would most people like that even be eating at Wendy's--they put Mayo on their burgers), I was curious why the bonehead didn't just remove the cheese himself. I was speculating maybe he had a cheese allergy, but even that doesn't wash. Most cheese allergies aren't so sensitive that just touching cheese causes a reaction.

So anyone else encounter any stupidity "in the wild" lately? Any stories?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Or worse, the cashier that gets attitudinal because you touch the carousel to make sure you've picked up all the bags. I've had one grab it to stop it from turning and say "You have all your bags!" I could see it if she had already started checking another's order, but there wasn't anyone in line.

Gah! Sometimes I wonder why I shop there.

2.) That and the part about people who keep Kosher don't generally order . . . ummm, Bacon?

Walmart has carousels? That turn? Wow. I wonder when we'll get those.

Krom: Great storytelling! I like your idea but have nothing to share.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Beware the carousels, Misskitty. It's very easy to leave something behind. It doesn't make me happy to read that I'm not the only one this happens to, but I do feel better about it . Someone asked the cashier what happens to the items if no-one comes back for them. She said they have a warehouse auction (somewhere) and they are sold there.

My sister was at a fast food place that was running a special on cheeseburgers - she asked for a plain burger for the same price and they couldn't ring it up as a plain burger. They had to push the cheeseburger key to get the special price, then leave off the cheese - it's just the way the registers are programmed.
    Krom, I don't know for certain how Wendy's operates, but my guess is they don't have a "key" on the register to price out bacon, so the cashier can't add it to the order. However, they can leave cheese off of a bacon cheeseburger. Still doesn't excuse the guy's behavior, though.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Several years ago I was in line behind a woman and her young daughter and the daughter ordered a Happy Meal cheeseburger without the burger. Yep, she wanted a bun with just a slice of cheese............Oh, and the toy. Seems like an expensive toy to me.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    So, they sell left behind (but already paid for) products at a warehouse auction at Walmart?? That's hardly fair since the merchandise has already been paid for. Is Wallyworld really that desperate for money to make someone pay for what has already been paid for? Boo! Hiss! Ripoff!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread