+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7139Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanda;2286323;
    I had mehndi applied to one of my hands last year at an Oktoberfest carnival (because it's such a German thing to do ),
    Sounds like the ST. Patrick's day festival we went too on
    Sat. They served BBQ ribs as that is so very IRISH!!!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My sister was married in Yemen (to a Yemeni man) 17 years ago, and came home with amazingly intricate henna designs covering her arms and hands. They were gorgeous, but it did look weird as it faded.

Her wedding pictures are a hoot - in order to try to make peace with the family, who weren't thrilled at their oldest son marrying an evil American, she let the mom and sisters do her makeup. She looked like some kind of crazed, glazed china doll: tons of garish, shiny makeup, like something out of Bladerunner. But they weren't trying to make her look bad - all the sisters' wedding photos look the same.
    Last edited by jasmar; 03-19-2007 at 04:17 PM. Reason: can I not make a single post with a typo?
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Peeve: People who don't turn on their headlines when its stormy and dark, especually when driving on the freeway and rain spray is flying up on the windshield.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    pet peeve: when your coworker insists she did something when it clearly isn't done. Does she honestly think I'm a moron??? I can see she didn't do it.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...
    cutie- or what about when they swear they didn't do something when it is obvious they did, usually made so by the presence of their handwriting, signature, or even printed email correspondence found somewhere in the file? That happens all the time around here! "Nope, wasn't me, " is a favorite excuse among my co-workers. To me, it sound eerily like "Not my job", and that is a huge pet peeve of mine, not to mention bad for business.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2286744;
    Peeve: People who don't turn on their headlines when its stormy and dark, especually when driving on the freeway and rain spray is flying up on the windshield.
    My idiot ex-husband would always say that he didn't need to have his headlights on since he could see. Any wonder why he is an ex-??
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    Last week-end was strange and I'm glad it's over. Between spending most of Saturday at the bowling alley (of all places) and having some strange woman come up to mr. gracie and tell him she heard he was rude, like she wanted to start a fight, it was one for the books. The worst part was coming home to a house filled with soot because our kerosene heater had gone out while we were gone. Our black and white cat is now black and gray, I had to wash all of the curtains and most likely we'll be repainting the dining room. Ugh.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Thanks to Gutmutter, gabriel, angelic_one, ScoutMom, prhoshay, and misskitty for your thoughts and prayers for my girl. I got an email today. She is having fun and working hard. When they aren't at the ranch, they have toured churches and other sites. She said they've been trying many different foods. They visit a school soon (elementary age). She's taking lots of pictures. I can't wait to hear her speak Spanish with an accent! I know she'll pick one up. Thanks again

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    remote and combatcutie, I can completely sympathize with both of you. I work with a couple of ladies that make my blood pressure go up on almost a continual basis.

Someone sent me this in an email and it fit perfectly with my situation. I preceeded to print it out and post it in a very prominent place in my cubicle so that everyone (including the 2 ladies) can see it...

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

My cousin called me when I was at school today, and she told me she was pregnant! We're about the same age. She's only 3 months older than I am, so we've been best friends about all our lives. It's kind of funny because she told me befor she told her sisters lol.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

+ Reply to Thread