+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6163Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Gut - I'm so glad your son got home safely. I'm in South Jersey, and even though we weren't supposed to get more than rain, we got ice. It was pretty bad here.

Anemone - I pray that your daughter arrives safely. I'll be thinking of you and her.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2283448;
    Thanks gabriel. 6:36 and still no sign of him. Breathe in. Breathe out. 7:05 -he just walked in the door. Thanks to all who had us in your thoughts. He said it was just horrible.
    Putting a positive spin on your son's situation...think of the great driving experience he got dealing with this mess! That can only help him.

Anemome, my prayers and hopes that she has a great, and safe, experience!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Oy! I ache all over. We got many inches of heavy snow with a tough crust of ice on top. I spent the early morning hours just on the 6 foot band of cement-like slush the plows left at the end of my driveway and just now went and dealt with the rest of it. I'm not a drinker, but I'm having a tall Campari and grapefruit juice even as we speak. I'm thinking a hot shower will be next.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2284413;
    Oy! I ache all over. We got many inches of heavy snow with a tough crust of ice on top. I spent the early morning hours just on the 6 foot band of cement-like slush the plows left at the end of my driveway and just now went and dealt with the rest of it. I'm not a drinker, but I'm having a tall Campari and grapefruit juice even as we speak. I'm thinking a hot shower will be next.
    I thought your son was driving in during the storm, and YOU'RE shoveling?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

He's been working all day. Convenient that he came running out almost late for work just as I finished the end of the driveway. Now he's at his second job delivering pizza - in fact I'm expecting a large calzone with chicken, spinach, and broccoli any minute. My teenage daughter is sick. That's ok - I don't get much exercise on the weekends.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by anemone;2283589;
    And while we're on the subject, my dear daughter is even now flying to Nicaragua for a project working on developing sustainable agriculture through one of her classes for her spring break. I would appreciate prayers for her safety. It is a great opportunity for her, but it is going to be a long week for me!! Thanks in advance.
    Anemone: Prayers on the way as always for your dear daughter. That sounds like an amazing experience for her. I'm sure she'll have a lot to tell you about when she gets home, safely.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I forgot pet peeves was merged into this thread and went looking. That belongs in the stoopid thread. But that's merged too.

Peeve: I heard a great song on the radio, saw it performed on a late night show and can't remember who plays it, or any words to the song except it's sung by a girl and is really catchy and had the word someone in it. I think. Any ideas?

I was in bed and "suddenly" I remembered the tune, and then some words and I had to get up and google it. The song I really like is by KT Tungstall and it's called Suddenly, I See.
    ----------
    New question: Has anyone ever done face painting or henna (mehndi)? Where does one get supplies? I can find books, and people who do it, just not where to get what you need.

We do them all the time. I pick up supplies anywhere I can find them. Have you tried searching on line? You need henna powder and eucalyptus oil (and lemon with sugar to coat it with). It takes many hours once you've applied it if you want it to last 2 or 3 weeks. There is more than one grade of henna - one for hair and one for mehndis. I'd look for a kit - usually in your more funky stores or health food stores. I'm sure if you have a health food store nearby they could order it for you. Let me know if you strike out and I'll find some for you. I also recommend using stencils instead of freehand for your first attempt.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2286162;
    New question: Has anyone ever done face painting or henna (mehndi)? Where does one get supplies? I can find books, and people who do it, just not where to get what you need.
    I had mehndi applied to one of my hands last year at an Oktoberfest carnival (because it's such a German thing to do ), and it was very pretty. Or it was for a week or so. It was pretty ugly while it was fading.

I suppose that doesn't answer your question at all, though, does it?

+ Reply to Thread