+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree18079Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Girl, we have GOT to get you on Facebook.
    I second that motion!
    AZChristian likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    That was you? Yes, I did and good on you.
    No, I'm not the one that went viral, but it inspired me to start doing things like that. I couldn't believe the horrid feedback she got for moving a few NASA shirts from the boys to the girls. I looked on Amazon and they had infant onesies in black and white labeled "boys". Give me a break.
    Count your blessings!

The Tall Ships are in Boston for a few days. I just checked out what I could before work, and before the crowds and the heat. Just awesome! Security is really tight but so far no problems.

Participating Ships | Sail Boston
    Eastcoastmom likes this.

HI EVERYONE!!! Back from a whirlwind EAST coast trip. A few days in DC with my kiddos, then a few days in Baltimore and then finished in NYC!!!

DC is always a blast as I am with my son and DIL and I miss them so much.

Baltimore, I have never been there only had layover's. Inner Harbor was lovely to look around BUT where we stayed, Baltimore Hilton, it was in a scary area.
    No shops, nothing, not a market, CVS, Walgreens, Mall, restaurants, shoppes, NOTHING at all. Just tons of debris all over the sidewalk.
    I just felt totally unsafe and I have traveled allot but for some reason I feel there has to be nicer sections of Baltimore than where this extremely large rail conference was held.

Then NYC!!!! We spent HOURS at the WTC Museum.

Now we are HOME!!!
    KAREN

Welcome back!
    momrek06 likes this.
    “When someone shows you who they are believe them; the first time.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer161 View Post
    Welcome back!
    THANKS STAR!!! I MISS YOU ALL!!!
    KAREN

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    HI EVERYONE!!! Back from a whirlwind EAST coast trip. A few days in DC with my kiddos, then a few days in Baltimore and then finished in NYC!!!

DC is always a blast as I am with my son and DIL and I miss them so much.

Baltimore, I have never been there only had layover's. Inner Harbor was lovely to look around BUT where we stayed, Baltimore Hilton, it was in a scary area.
    No shops, nothing, not a market, CVS, Walgreens, Mall, restaurants, shoppes, NOTHING at all. Just tons of debris all over the sidewalk.
    I just felt totally unsafe and I have traveled allot but for some reason I feel there has to be nicer sections of Baltimore than where this extremely large rail conference was held.

Then NYC!!!! We spent HOURS at the WTC Museum.

Now we are HOME!!!
    A very sobering experience. It was way too emotional for me.

Welcome home, Karen BUT I am I would have LOVED to meet up with you in NYC...I'm a 50 minute train ride into Penn Station. Next time, okay?
    momrek06 and Baby's Breath like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    A very sobering experience. It was way too emotional for me.

Welcome home, Karen BUT I am I would have LOVED to meet up with you in NYC...I'm a 50 minute train ride into Penn Station. Next time, okay?
    ECM, my hubby so wanted to go. We had been when it was under construction and just seeing the "Foot Prints" was too much. Then hubby was in NYC, I think it was 2014 and he went to the new
    PATH station and marveled at it all.

Then this week. We were back. He said we have to go and I agreed. We selected the Guided Tour. I said I can do this. I got my head set on and Tour Guide started to talk.
    He started with what a beauty of a day it was and then I just lost it. Thankfully, its very low lights and I wear glasses but I did not want to upset anyone. I told hubby that I cannot go on.
    He asked me to please try and it was then that the TG saw me and said to all of us "this is a very emotional Tour and if you cannot do the Tour as we continue feel free to just leave".
    But I had to do this for Brett who was a design engineer for the PANY/NJ and worked in the North Tower. He lost many co-workers/friends that day. The Tour is an hour. Then we continued to
    walk every where all over the Museum (which is beautifully done). Brett's co-worker that he car pooled with daily was late picking Brett up on that morning as his daughter was starting K and was
    not wanting to get on the bus. That is the reason Brett was not in his offices on time. AND they always arrive early. Have a quick donut/coffee and head to their offices.

BUT you, ECM, I can totally understand why you cannot go there. Just approaching the area is so emotional. The "Foot Prints" are fabulous. So wonderfully designed. Amazing.

YES YES YES, next time ABSOLUTELY, we will meet up for sure!!!
    Baby's Breath likes this.
    KAREN

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Hi, Karen. I was born and raised in Baltimore. Even when I was a kid, I knew I wanted to move somewhere else, and I still don't enjoy visiting there - except for crabcakes. LOL.

BTW, I had my first cataract surgery this morning. All went well, and I'm a lot more relaxed now about the second surgery in July. Now I look like a pirate.
    Punkin, Arielflies and momrek06 like this.
    I'm Paula.

Was your cataract surgery pretty quick, AZ? I have the start of cataracts, and my ophthalmologist told me it takes him 10-15 minutes to do the surgery. It makes me nervous, but he assured me it is the most common outpatient procedure done. Were you awake or aware of what was going on?
    momrek06 likes this.
    "Dogs do speak, but only to those who know how to listen." ~ Orhan Pamuk

+ Reply to Thread