+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5835Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    So we've been having Spring like weather, then by thursday you have Liz Cho (ABC 7), saying "Storm Watch 2007,etc." We're getting some snow now but i don't think it's anything i'd get freaked out about as if we haven't had it in the past weeks. I don't like the aggrandizing.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2282431;
    When I worked at an elementary school, some insurance reps staked out right in the mail area which also leads right to the bathroom. I was very uncomfortable coming out of the restroom to have two men sitting there waiting to pounce and talk insurance. The break room was right off the mail room but they opted to sit in chairs right there by the bathroom.
    I would have been tempted to buy a can of fart spray and spray liberally before leaving the bathroom (with the door open). You wouldn't be embarassed because you know it isn't real. By the way, I know such a thing exists because of a middle school field trip where kids bought some and sprayed it on the bus. Mhmm.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2283162;
    I would have been tempted to buy a can of fart spray and spray liberally before leaving the bathroom (with the door open). You wouldn't be embarassed because you know it isn't real. By the way, I know such a thing exists because of a middle school field trip where kids bought some and sprayed it on the bus. Mhmm.
    I know such a thing exists in a tear-and-smell package form because some idiot opened one and put it through our mail slot. I cannot believe how much our house stank when we got home. Danged teenagers.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Never heard of that! Interesting! Don't know what I would do with it, but I'm sure I could think of someone who deserves the experience!! I had a boss (female, at that!) who had a little fart machine. She actually took it to a staff meeting...she was not at the top tier, in a group of, mostly men. She hid it under the table in front of some of the more prim and proper people, and she set it off. After the people stopped casting sideways glances at each other, the red faces calmed down, and the meeting was over I needed a nap from laughing so hard!!! It was the only interesting part of the meeting.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm here right now (Fri. 4:42 in Massachussetts) asking for prayers for my son to get home safely. His spring break starts today and we're having a Nor'Easter - lots of snow already and traffic horror stories on the news. He got a new car last week and was assured by the powers that be at the college that after reporting the new description (same plates) that he was all set. He just found out it was towed sometime yesterday and has to deal with getting it back before he can head home. He sounded frustrated and worried when I talked to him. So I'm not going to rest until he drives in the driveway. Anyone on here now that has a minute, send your thoughts his way. Thanks.
    Count your blessings!

Towed by the school, Gut?

I hope he makes it home safely. I know you'll be one worried mama until he's there.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Yes, the parking sticker was on the old car. They hadn't issued him a new one yet, but he had reported all the information so they should have had it on their computer or whatever they use. Just the worst time for a red tape snafu. They have to be out of the dorms by 6 and aren't allowed back in for a week. I don't want to call his cell phone in case he's already driving in the snow. Or even if he's not, it might up his anxiety level to have me keep checking in. So I'm encasing him in a white circle of love. If it works for Harry Potter, it should work for him.
    Count your blessings!

MRD
    scoot over Gut, we need to make room so all your fort friends can get in the circle with you to encase him in love and safety. Let us know when he gets in, so we know he got there ok.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I will. Once he gets his car it should be about an hour drive. Thanks.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    As the mother of a college "man", I fully understand what you are going through. I don't think the worry ever ends. My thoughts are with you and your son. I don't know your religious beliefs, but I've just learned I've got to "let go...Let God."
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread