+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree20309Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I've seen that at weddings too! Inside a church! Older people too...it might not be your religion but respect other's place of worship. When I was a bridesmaid at wedding on Long Island I was very surprised at how many people showed up in shorts and a t-shirt to the church. Of course, I still dress for the Dr. as well as dress on airplanes. I don't think one can ever be too dressed up...but one can be too dressed down!
    Punkin and Gutmutter like this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    It amazes me when I go to a wedding or funeral & see people show up looking like they just fell off the back of a dump truck. Ratty jeans or jean shorts, tank tops or T-shirts with logos or sayings on them, old flip flops, etc.
    Now I don't expect them all to show up in tuxes & evening gowns, but real dress clothes would be appropriate.

Some people seem to think that evening wear means pajamas.
    Yep, some people ! ! ! !
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm Paula.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

London is under attack again. Part of the news is reporting on a place in Vauxhall which we were at every day during our 2015 visit to London. My heart is broken for my favorite city.
    beerbelly and momrek06 like this.
    I'm Paula.

That is so sad for London, again. The UK has been suffering a lot lately.

Around here, we are dealing with the corn mill explosion, which killed three and severely injured more. A 3-4 story building was leveled. One survivor was trapped under a rail car for several hours, and had to have his legs amputated on the scene.

So many tragic things, and so many people to pray for, these days.

Ever since GM died last Christmas I've been spending a lot of time on a UK site talking to a group of people I 'met' over there, and that's where I was last night when this latest attack first happened. Someone posted a cell phone video and reported what had just taken place. I quickly turned on CNN, but the story hadn't yet reached the states. So many rumors are flying around. Were these attacks related to the Ariana Grande incident? It may be too soon to tell, but this whole series of events is just tragic! My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected. This is just so sad.
    Punkin, momrek06 and AZChristian like this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

Concerning the weapons used this must have really hit you in a personal way, Joseph. Sorry.
    Lynda

Yes, it did, Punkin. They say most stabbings are committed by someone the person knows. It's considered a personal means of assault because you have to be willing to get in very close proximity of your victim. I was surprised when I heard they'd used knives. Most strangers prefer to keep a distance between themselves and the person they assault because it increases their chances of being able to get away. I'm assuming the assailants in this case weren't able to get their hands on a gun.
    Punkin likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    London is under attack again. Part of the news is reporting on a place in Vauxhall which we were at every day during our 2015 visit to London. My heart is broken for my favorite city.
    I'm both sad and very angry. This has to stop, I don't know how. But I've been feeling far too sad about the UK and Paris.
    AZChristian likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

None of the latest three attacks in England have used guns. I read that the UK has very strong gun laws so the terrorists have resorted to other weapons.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

If the door is closed, I can't breathe. I can't even stand having the shower door shut now. I'm spending as much time as I can outside. We have been taking down trees, moving soil, mowing, raking, weeding, and planting.
    navybelle likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

+ Reply to Thread