+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5834Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2280791;
    Peeve: People who expect you to read their minds.
    Well I always use this rather than reading your mind...
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD
    My peeve is reading a news article that says she was a hero. She was not. She is a heroine. A man is a hero.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2281190;
    My peeve is reading a news article that says she was a hero. She was not. She is a heroine. A man is a hero.
    That one doesn't actually bug me too much. There has been a marked shift away from gender differentiation over the past number of years - they used to be actresses, now they're actors, the Chairman of the Board is now the Chair of the Board, etc. The more we stop dividing people by gender or other irrelevent in any way but your personal life factors, the better off we'll be.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2281205;
    That one doesn't actually bug me too much. There has been a marked shift away from gender differentiation over the past number of years - they used to be actresses, now they're actors, the Chairman of the Board is now the Chair of the Board, etc. The more we stop dividing people by gender or other irrelevent in any way but your personal life factors, the better off we'll be.
    Personally I like the different words as it avoids a lot of confusion especially with today's non-gender differentiating names.

While I believe in equal rights for women (equal pay, etc.), I don't mind having a door opened for me or a chair pulled out for me and I don't mind being referred to as the chairwoman or such. So if we're going to get away from gender specific words, then way the shift away from the woman's words to the mans. ie: actor, hero, etc. Why not call them all actresses, heroines, etc. Seems that going to non gender specific words has just shifted to the male version anyway.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Once again, I have a question that some of my FoRT poster-friends have had some experience with. I have a factory-installed Bose radio-CD player in my car. The volume on the radio is stuck on very loud, and I can't seem to correct it. There have even been instances, in the past, that while trying to turn it down, it has actually gotten louder. Now it's blasting! Anybody got a clue?? I'm traveling musicless, at this point.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2281516;
    Once again, I have a question that some of my FoRT poster-friends have had some experience with. I have a factory-installed Bose radio-CD player in my car. The volume on the radio is stuck on very loud, and I can't seem to correct it. There have even been instances, in the past, that while trying to turn it down, it has actually gotten louder. Now it's blasting! Anybody got a clue?? I'm traveling musicless, at this point.

Sledgehammer?

actually - try this link to see if there is anything that might help you.
    Bose Automotive Systems Division
    Last edited by just1paul; 03-15-2007 at 06:15 PM. Reason: added link
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

prhoshay, can you look up the model online and see if there's a troubleshooting section? Or do you still have the book? If all else fails, maybe there's a number you can call for assistance. I know you said it came with the car but maybe Bose can help, or the manufacturer of the car? Is the dealer you bought it from still in business? Even if it's no longer under warranty, they may be able to help. I hope you get it fixed. I have to have my tunes when I'm in the car.

This reminds me of the time I thought my cd player was broke because it kept skipping around to different songs. Then I realized I somehow activated the "random play" feature. Luckily I figured it out before I took it in to have it looked at. They probably would have charged me just for being stupid.

Pet Peeve: When teachers only have a 20 min break for lunch in high school and have about 30 people trying to deal with microwaves, restrooms and all that stuff, it is not a beneficial time to go around with weight loss bar samples to the tables and asking us to sample them. Make a display on one of the tables in the staff room and people will go there if they want. If you go around all the tables, don't expect pleasant greetings.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2282381;
    Pet Peeve: When teachers only have a 20 min break for lunch in high school and have about 30 people trying to deal with microwaves, restrooms and all that stuff, it is not a beneficial time to go around with weight loss bar samples to the tables and asking us to sample them. Make a display on one of the tables in the staff room and people will go there if they want. If you go around all the tables, don't expect pleasant greetings.
    When I worked at an elementary school, some insurance reps staked out right in the mail area which also leads right to the bathroom. I was very uncomfortable coming out of the restroom to have two men sitting there waiting to pounce and talk insurance. The break room was right off the mail room but they opted to sit in chairs right there by the bathroom.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar
    ARchieComic Fan, that would have been my cue to completely ignore them. I am a private person and would have been dead from the embarassment alone.

+ Reply to Thread