+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4488Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Leo
    Premium Member
    Doofus moment of the day: a friend of mine had quite a few bite-sized pieces of chocolate, so she gave me and two other friends some. Well, guess what I did with mine... instead of eating it right away, I put it in my pocket. In tropical heat. At lunchtime. Outdoors. With predictable results: it melted in my pants.

ew Leo. Not so good yikes.

Well I'm feeling so wacko and braid-dead I got upset that I was in the Stupid thread and got to the end to find that it had closed and been moved to this Koffee Klatch thing I almost started crying (i'm looooosin it) I'm thinking OMG I don't know where the h the Koffee Katch is!!!

I have been home sick for a couple of days but, still working (I take care of a baby a few days a week and work on computers) I'm just pissa like that yep.

I am afraid to even open my mouth to speak these past few days because I'm such a bubble head. I also have a bit of an excuse. I quit smoking New years (about the 5th time in my life)
    and it's really getting harder and harder. I've just moved down to a 7 mg nicotine patch and I had a bunch of 14 mg patches so I have been cutting them in half. One of my brothers whose a chemist just told me that I'm either getting one big dose of nicotine or none at all. He'd look into it. I don't know what is going on but, I don't feel too good. I keep spelling things wrong too.......fahhhhh.........Oh and I'm reading 2 books. It's like bad ADD and I have to go from one to the other. I hate them both but, I keep reading anyway (when I can't sleep from the insomnia that has me as of late)
    And they suck!! Well. Maybe they're good books but, one of them is a little "scary" and the other is very dry reading. I find myself reading a page 3 or 4 times over................

I cracked up laughing over the coffee pot stuff though because i went to fill mine this a.m and I filled the pot up to 10 - filled the thing then forgot if I had put water in it and just threw another full pot in. So, yeah I made a mess. I was trying to fix a computer pretty badly infected with spyware/viruses and I was told to copy and paste a bunch of stuff in word and or notepad - I was up until 2:30 this a.m then back up after just af few hours sleep trying to get it fixed (told the owner they'd have it back today) I think I broke it more...... I just ignored the steps that I did not copy and paste-tried doing it a quicker way. just stttttttttttooooooooooooooooop it.

I miss my cigs terribly.

If it weren't for my 20 yr. old (she lives in N.Y) I'm so proud of her she is off on her own with a group of really nice kids in a big ole house......anyway , they aren't smokers and they are all rooting for me. My daughter would be heartbroken if I smoked. I would though (I think) if it weren't for her. My mother is really happy too. NONE of my friends smoke. It's tough because I live alone and only when my daughter comes home do I have to "worry". So, it's not like I had to go out in the cold. I've no problem not smoking in my friend's cars or homes. I just smoke after ....(did) come to think of it though my ex-boyfriend is a smoker and I didn't like that too much.

Sorry I typed so much!! It's terrible though when you do things that are so stupid and you feel helpless. So, if you can laugh about it right?

Do you ever write stuff down then look at the words and wonder if they're spelled correctly? And they're not big words. It just happens sometimes..........

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Sounds like you need a big ole JamiLee

Hang in there!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Good luck JamiLee, I know exactly how you're feeling. I quit two years ago after smoking for 33 years . I went off the nicotine gum just this past New Year, but I had to start up again last week because stress was making me desperately need a smoke. It's such a heartless and unstoppable addiction. All you young people out there - DON'T START. It doesn't keep your weight down - you can trust me on that.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

aw thanks bbnbama!! And thanks too Rattus. AND good luck to you. It's a terrible addiction and I wish you the best. Oh that is such a bunch of garbage that smoking equates to being thin. I've always been thin and I haven't always smoked. Being thin is so over-rated anyway. Since I quit smoking - well actually the last couple of weeks - my skin broke out!! I'm like no freaking way am I dealing with this!! I'd rather be fat with clear skin! I think it has something to do with the patch which I'm almost done with thank god. I just want it out of my body already.

Rattus you know if you are using the gum you are more in control and maybe that is not a good thing in the beginning? I don't understand the gum being used over the patch. My cousin quit New Years too and she is doing great with the gum.......so everyone is different. The patch made her feel sick.

Anyway, thanks again you 2. I have to get off the FORT (another little addiction)

and get some work done. I hope everyone has -is having a nice stoooooopit free day

I was a victim of the time change today. I got to school and discoverd I had on two different shoes... one with a heel, the other flat. How did I not notice that from the house to the car and the car into work? It's only about 1 1/2 " heel, but still, I was walking funny all day. They were both black but one was pointy toed and the other square toed. Not a single student noticed until I pointed it out. I made a game of it - what is wrong in this classroom? and they noticed a million things for the first time, but not that.
    Count your blessings!

We were watching AFV last night (I think it was an old one) and a man had submitted a video that started with him showing one blue suede shoe and one brown leather shoe - both very different. Then you see them on the front passenger seat of the car with his voice saying "I wonder where these shoes are going?". He pulls up to a building and his wife walks up, opens the passenger door, removes a shoe, takes one from the car, puts it on and replaces it with the one from her foot, rolls her eyes, blows him a kiss and walks away.
    You know you're a Fort addict when the first thing you think of is those "How Stupid Are You" posts from awhile back!
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2277973;
    I was a victim of the time change today. I got to school and discoverd I had on two different shoes... one with a heel, the other flat. How did I not notice that from the house to the car and the car into work? It's only about 1 1/2 " heel, but still, I was walking funny all day. They were both black but one was pointy toed and the other square toed. Not a single student noticed until I pointed it out. I made a game of it - what is wrong in this classroom? and they noticed a million things for the first time, but not that.
    Oh that is really cute. The things you don't notice when you carry out your routine. What did your students have to say when you told them?

Some of the guys couldn't even see the difference (just like that shoe commercial!) The girls thought it was funny. I ended up with a hip, shin and knee aching at the end of the day.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Peeve: People who expect you to read their minds.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread