+ Reply to Thread
Page 3141 of 3141 FirstFirst ... 214126413041309131313132313331343135313631373138313931403141
Results 31,401 to 31,410 of 31410
Like Tree17458Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Well, I bit the bullet yesterday & bought a swimsuit. I've been all over town trying on anything that looked halfway acceptable on the hanger. I concentrated on higher end stores because they usually have better quality suits that fit better. Nope, not this time. I've been going back to the main one twice a week hoping for new suits to come in. Nothing acceptable except for one that by the time I bought both pieces was going to cost $200.00! Nope. Not for me. Didn't even try it on.

Yesterday the clerk there told me that K-Mart had some nice new ones in too. I thought "K-Mart?!?!?" But I figured I'd give it a try. As K-Marts go ours is pretty nice. Clean, well kept up, bright & cheerful.
    I found a really nice one. It's a Jacklyn Smith. They do have some nice stuff in that brand. It didn't make me look skinny, firm, and in my 20's. Or in my 30's, 40's, etc. It didn't make me look like someone I wasn't, or used to be. But it did look nice on me. No gross bulging or hang overing flab. The thighs do look flabby, but that's not the suit's fault. It's an age thing. I actually found 2 that were acceptable. One a one piece, the other a tankini. The tankini was just a bit more flattering. It's the body length thing.

However, after coming to terms with staring at & judging my older body, I am determined to lose at least 5 pounds before Summer Vacation. Today it's rainy outside, but I think on nicer days I'll start adding walking again to my activity level.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

Awesome Miss Scarlet! So glad you found one that worked. Or rather TWO that work! That's so great. I had a purple Jacklyn Smith one-piece from K-Mart when I was in high school that I absolutely looooved. Had completely forgotten about it!

One thing I'm seeing now is swim shorts. I really like that idea. Now that I'm in my 40s I'm not a big fan of having my butt hang out of a swimsuit in public LOL.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

That's great, Miss Scarlet! It's insane what they charge for swimsuits these days. Glad you found 2 you are happy with and probably for less than what one would have cost at that higher end store.

Hooray for you, Miss Scarlet! I've gotten lots of suits from K-mart over the years, because they're reasonable and usually have a good selection. I used to go to the pool often, so I needed several suits, and they lasted me quite awhile too. Not sure if they were Jaclyn Smith's brand or not, but I liked mine. Sometimes K-mart has decent things!

Glad you found something!! I'm sure that's good motivation for those five pounds too. Good luck!

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

I'm so glad miss Scarlet! I love my tankini. I need to lose the weight I gained over winter. Today I went for a nice long walk, because I hate the treadmill. I have a pair of white pants that looked so good last year! I'm wearing them this year!
    Anyway, I'm happy for you. A few years ago I got a bikini at target! It was so comfy!!Its amazing where we can find things..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I like the basic black tank they sell at Walmart for $16. Can't beat the price and it's good coverage.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

I bought my last swimsuit at Wal-Mart last year. And I think I'm going to get another one, as we in AZ love to get in the water. Now that we're in a development with a community pool within walking distance, we've been spending more time there. I have two suits for when I lose 20 pounds. But if you need something inexpensive . . . Wally World is a good option.

We're fortunate to have this store nearby. Their selection is awesome for those of us who want a little modesty.
    Miss Scarlet and Fanny Mare like this.
    I'm Paula.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I bought my last swimsuit at Wal-Mart last year. And I think I'm going to get another one, as we in AZ love to get in the water. Now that we're in a development with a community pool within walking distance, we've been spending more time there. I have two suits for when I lose 20 pounds. But if you need something inexpensive . . . Wally World is a good option.

We're fortunate to have this store nearby. Their selection is awesome for those of us who want a little modesty.
    Oh wow AZ, thats so colourful. I could spend a lot of time in there. lucky you!
    AZChristian likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Oh wow AZ, thats so colourful. I could spend a lot of time in there. lucky you!
    And all of the two-piece suits are actually separates, so you can buy one size for the top and one size for the bottom. Genius!!!!
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    I'm Paula.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post

Holy Cow! That store is fantastic. I would have spent the day in there & came back for another full day the day after. We just don't have places like that around here. Montana has a very limited Summer swimsuit season, so a place like that just wouldn't succeed. We do, however, need swimsuits, but not year round unless you're in competitive swimming.

It's actually quite early here to find them. We still have snow on the ground. They're just coming in. I've found that with a lot of clothes, that since I take such a small size that I need to buy early. Pretty much as soon as they unload the trucks. Around here once they're gone they're gone, until next year.

I tried Walmart early on. That was the store that originally set off my horror at swimsuit buying. Not a big selection and those that I tried were horrific. I'm sure more will come in, just like everywhere else, but I was a woman on a mission. K-Mart had a lot of them. Probably just got in a big shipment.
    The thing that I didn't like, everywhere I went, is that now if your suit has 2 pieces to it, you don't get a whole suit for 1 price. You have to buy both pieces, and those bottoms are often darned near as expensive as the tops. Plus, the tops are as expensive as 1 pieces. Not fair!

Anyhow, I'm ready for the pool on vacation, and satisfied with my suit. The quality seems great. I'll take K-Mart more seriously in clothing from now on.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

+ Reply to Thread