+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6997Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2276830;
    Thank you, all for your toothbrush suggestions. I've written them down for further study.

Here's another issue I'd like suggestions on: I am invited to a wedding that is much further away than I intend to go. I don't know the bride nor the groom. I know the groom's father from work, and we have a decent friendship. I want to send a check. How much do you guys suggest would be appropriate? We'll be sending the check to his father.

I'm not sending a gift since they don't know me from a can of beans.
    For family and close friends I have sent anywhere from $50 to $100.
    For this, I might suggest $25-$50.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

In that situation I would send $20. But if I could actually afford it and didn't want to look cheap I would send $50.

AmyLeeI have had some of the best conversations from misdials. One time I was trying to call my parents and misdialed. When a man answered I said, "Hey Dad!" and he said, "Hey baby." and then we discussed weather and other small talk. When I asked what they were doing today he said, "Getting the house ready to put on the market." "Oh yeah? So mom finally convinced you to sell?" and he paused for a second and said, "Yeah you know we've been planning this for awhile." Thats when it finally clicked in both of our heads that we weren't actually talking to our family member. We still continued to talk for awile. Super nice guy.
    I've also had a lot of oldtimers to misdial my number and then even after finding out they have the wrong number they still want to chat with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2276701;
    Which is something i'm not. Something that's been annoying the hell out of me for years is people who misdial. Seriously. On saturday i had someone call me asking for takeout and mentioning something from 'the website'. Im like, 'wrong number' and hungup.
    I don't mind an apologetic misdialer. But we have one who's been calling everyday asking for someone and we keep telling them they have the wrong number. Finally we were like "what number are you trying to call?" and the man recites ours. So I said, I'm sorry you've written the number down wrong. So he hangs up and calls right back.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I take it somebody doesn't have caller id.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Haha, oh we do, but we also have an answering machine that he insists upon leaving messages on. Even though it's clear on it that there is no Patrice that lives here. Some people just don't like listening to reason

I work at a gas station, and we actually get marked down if we dont offer anything else when they get to the register. So I just normall say,"is this everything for you today?" It's generally slow on my shift, and that generally reminds people that they a-need snacks b-needs smokes or c-needs gum.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Well after an absence that had me thinking it was finally over, I recently started getting calls again from medical personnel for someone who doesn't live at my number. I've told each agency that this person doesn't live here but they still continue to call. I've been nice, I've been firm, I've stated my frustration over them not removing my number from their file, but they.just.don't.get.it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    At work, we used to get faxed hospital charts for patients. Can you imagine all of the confidential information that we had in our hands?? Had we been inclined to do wrong, we had everything we needed at our fingertips. Scary!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

At my dad's old office their phone nuber only differed on one number from that of the local social insurance office, where people would call in sick. So it happen very often that people called them to say that they had colds and couldn't work. Sometimes the guys at my dad's office had fun with them and told them that "what? you don't have a cold! Surely you can work today" especially on Mondays when they figured most of them were hung-over.

They also shared a number (different area code though) with the national radio station, so in the afternoon teenagers would call in to request songs or answer questions. Needless to say, they had some fun with that as well.

ETA prhoshay, that makes me think of a time when I misdialed the fax number and called a phone in stead (although it was no confidential information). However, the fax machine tries for several times so we called the same poor receptionist for at least 5 times in a row, we heard her and couldn't stop it. I felt so bad for her, since fax machine noises aren't very pleasant to get in your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2276273;
    Oh that's funny. I think I couldn't have resisted saying: "he can't, but I can".
    I wish I had thought of that!

Quote Originally Posted by remote_goddess;2276643;
    I was thinking the same thing! When you notice her creeping around the neighborhood late at night and peeking through your doggy-door, you know it's time to file the VPO. Stalker!
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2276617;
    cricketeen:I think the gym teacher is in love with Boris. You might need to get a restraining order. He is underage you know.
    Maybe I can file a lawsuit for "alienation of my pet's affections".
    Last edited by cricketeen; 03-13-2007 at 12:47 PM.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

+ Reply to Thread