+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree19250Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Blizzard Stella turned out to be not so stellar. Mostly rain mixed with snow and not the 12 to 18 inches expected.
    Quoting myself because it has begun to snow again. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    A foot of snow so far here and won't let up til midnight.
    Was thinking of you this weekend, Gut, as my son ventured to Boston with some friends for the weekend. He'd never been. We'd been experiencing very cold and windy days after hitting a high of 60 degrees. I reminded him to take a warmer coat. He came back and said it was super cold, felt much colder than on Long Island. He didn't get a chance to do much sightseeing but said he wants to come back in the Summer when it's warm.

Thanks ECM. I hope I can get out tomorrow. I'm going stir crazy.
    Punkin, beerbelly and Eastcoastmom like this.
    Count your blessings!

My friend in Maine lost power. Thank God she has a neighbor that checked on her to invite her to stay with them. That must have been so scary for her.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Oh, yes, yes, yes, and more yes. I love children's books and reading to my children is one of my favorite memories. They're never too young to start.
    A bit more on signing... gross motor skills used in signing develop much earlier than the fine motor skills needed for speech. Using signing with hearing babies develops the language part of the brain sooner, eliminates the frustration of not being understood (less crying), and is shown to create lasting superior language skills well into high school. It's a fascinating topic to read about. Next time I'm on my laptop I'll share a link.
    Could you show that link soon, Gutmutter? I'm extremely interested.
    Gutmutter likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

I woke up this morning to find a woodcock snuggled against the door to my terrace. Crazy! It was rather large with a long beak. My Uncle identified it and said that he has bird watched a lot and has only seen one once!

I hope it comes back....
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Very cool, beerbelly. I had to Google to see what it looks like. Very long beak indeed. A friend of mine owns and runs a B&B in NH and is a birder/ photographer. I'm sure she'd have known what it was.
    beerbelly likes this.

That's cool! Hubby saw a tiny owl on our property Monday night; he was immediately enamored and wants desperately to see it again! Thing is, we've had over 2 feet of snow since then so getting up to the back of our property is bit tricky right now. I bet he finds a way though!
    beerbelly and Photobabe like this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Could you show that link soon, Gutmutter? I'm extremely interested.
    Thanks for reminding me. I use my iPad almost exclusively these days because my laptop has gotten so bogged down. I'll go boot it up now.
    Count your blessings!

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Does this mean that AZ is permantly on "Daylight" time? I thought they were permantly on "Standard" time, which I love. I've always been envious of you being on standard year long, but if it's daylight, not so much. *sigh*
    No, we are permanently on Mountain Standard Time. So when the rest of our time zone goes to "Daylight," we stay put. That last thing we need here in Arizona is ANOTHER hour of daylight in the summer!!!!
    MReid likes this.
    I'm Paula.

+ Reply to Thread