+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree18090Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Mid-blizzard here and the wind is howling.
    The time change is a little easier now that I'm retired. I didn't go to morning swim yesterday because of some ear inflammation and didn't go today because of the storm. I doubt I'll be shoveled out in time tomorrow so everything else is optional. Sleep, nap, wake, eat.
    Brooks and beerbelly like this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    We live in AZ, which doesn't recognize the time change, but this year we encountered a weird situation.

When we left AZ last week to drive to California, we had to change our clocks at the border, because California is one hour behind us for half the year.

On the second night out, we entered Mexican waters. They apparently don't do the time change either, so we were back on "Arizona time."

Usually, we would then have to move our clocks back to California time upon leaving Mexican waters, but the spring time change happened while we were cruising, so California was now on the same time schedule as Arizona and Mexico. And we will be on the same time zone until the "Fall" switch.
    Does this mean that AZ is permantly on "Daylight" time? I thought they were permantly on "Standard" time, which I love. I've always been envious of you being on standard year long, but if it's daylight, not so much. *sigh*
    MReid likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Since we already had a blizzard in Boston this winter, the local weather crew was just debating what this one should be called. They settled on the Pi Day Blizzard.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Since we already had a blizzard in Boston this winter, the local weather crew was just debating what this one should be called. They settled on the Pi Day Blizzard.
    Good one! Happy Pi day
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

On GMA they said the name is Stella. I like pi day better.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    On GMA they said the name is Stella. I like pi day better.
    Stella is the name of the storm that's whipping through the country. We weren't consulted about that and we don't name our storms before they reach us. Pi Day is the name of our northeast blizzard. Not everyone is experiencing Stella as a blizzard. ;^)

Yes, Stella for me was rain...although there was predictions of 1-5 inches before I went to bed. I was a bit disappointed when I woke up with no snow but then I thought that just means spring is that much closer...woo hoo!
    "Alot of people when they listen, they don't listen. They hear but they don't listen to what the person is saying. " Boston Rob (Mariano)
    Thanks pikachu for the avatar!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Blizzard Stella turned out to be not so stellar. Mostly rain mixed with snow and not the 12 to 18 inches expected.
    beerbelly likes this.

A foot of snow so far here and won't let up til midnight.
    Punkin likes this.
    Count your blessings!

This is why I live in California. It's 79 here today *ducks*

Seriously though, everyone stay safe.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread