+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree17668Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    I totally understand Miss Scarlet! I was able to try Venus swimwear on in person at Ron Jon's Surf Shop before I bought my first one. They are cut really well. I usually tend to buy suits that are made for surfing - O'Neill, Roxy, RipCurl, Body Glove etc. These "action" suits are well-made and stay put regardless of what you are doing-- they also last a long time through lots of wear. I've also found them at Marshall's & TJ Maxx for reasonable prices... it may be worthwhile to check those stores if you have them near by? I also just happened to pick up a really cute red and blue striped Michael Kors suit at TJMaxx a few weeks ago!
    Unfortunately we have none of the above stores or any of the above brands here. Only a couple of Marshall's/TJ Maxx in the state & it's a BIG state. Plus, you can't always predict what they will have like other stores. It's pretty much the luck of the draw.
    Cornholio likes this.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    Navybelle, have you invited alumni, both students and teachers? And, what about a display of 1942 items like a typewriter, an old radio, some ditto assignment sheets, a ration book, fountain pens, a 48 star US flag, etc.

If you could find the clothes, having some kids and/or teachers dress in 1940's garb and hair styles might be fun. Maybe have the dress up group sing a 40's hit like "I'll be Seeing You" or "Swingin' on a Star"
    Thank you!!! Great ideas! I had wondered about a photo booth w 40s wear, but you have so many more ideas. I really appreciate it, and now I get excited to look for things and get planning!
    And yes, alumni are being invited.

Usually the Time Change is nothing more than an irritating inconvenience for me, but this year it kind of kicked me in the butt. My clocks were fine, all turned forward the night before, but I was all out of kilter.
    First off, I wasn't hungry for meals at the right times, so ate at odd hours all day, breakfast after noon, lunch around 5-6, and supper after 8. I even did my morning workout at 4:00 in the afternoon, followed by my morning coffee. Last night I was up quite late. I'm usually a night owl, but this time I was a middle of the night owl. Then this morning I woke up very abruptly, exactly 1 hour late.

Anyone else have these issues?
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

Sorry you are having such a rough time of it Miss Scarlet. I have never had a problem adjusting to the time change. I LOVE daylight saving time!
    I hate going back to standard time in the fall but it has never caused me a problem.
    Baby's Breath likes this.
    I am one step away from being rich. All I need now is money

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

I had the best sleep this time, fall behind I love the dark and snuggling. I like both time changes
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I hate daylight savings!! I had trouble adjusting to the change Monday morning. I hate it being dark in the morning.
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”

― Maya Angelou

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Hope you're feeling back to normal today, Miss Scarlet. Sometimes I'm dragging due to that missed hour of sleep but yesterday I felt fine.

Blizzard warning here in the tri-state area. My area is experiencing more of a wintry mix of snow and rain as temps are just below freezing. There has been a lot of hype but I don't think it's going to be as bad as predicted. Last week it hit 60° one day! Craziness!

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

We live in AZ, which doesn't recognize the time change, but this year we encountered a weird situation.

When we left AZ last week to drive to California, we had to change our clocks at the border, because California is one hour behind us for half the year.

On the second night out, we entered Mexican waters. They apparently don't do the time change either, so we were back on "Arizona time."

Usually, we would then have to move our clocks back to California time upon leaving Mexican waters, but the spring time change happened while we were cruising, so California was now on the same time schedule as Arizona and Mexico. And we will be on the same time zone until the "Fall" switch.
    I'm Paula.

My boss flies to Tucson tomorrow for a presentation the day after, if there are planes following after this storm. I told her she'd be fine, she has an extra hour to play with because Arizonians don't mess with their clocks, LOL.
    AZChristian likes this.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Hubby used to travel for work; we're an hour from L.A. and an hour from Albuquerque by plane. One is on Pacific time; one is on Mountain. So sometimes it would take him "2 hours" to get to one or the other (depending on the time of year), but he'd get back the same time he left there.
    I'm Paula.

+ Reply to Thread