+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree17668Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I know I am always sharing pics of STEVIE VIOLET but I had to share this pic of my 90yo DAD and my 89yo MOM!!!
    Mom will be 90yo this NOV!!!

I miss them so much and love them more!!!

Hence my two fabulous weeks in FL with them!!!

They switch up their days between GOLF and BRIDGE (card game)!!!

AND of course socializing with all their friends!!!

Punkin, shyra, Brooks and 11 others like this.
    KAREN

Aww they are so cute Karen! You know they loooooooved having you in FL. It's just awesome that they are so active at their ages, you have good genes!
    momrek06 likes this.

Wow! They look so great and happy!! (And young!)
    momrek06 likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Wow, Karen, your folks look fabulous!!!! At least a decade or two younger than their ages. It's so wonderful they are active and healthy. God bless!
    beerbelly and momrek06 like this.

There appears to be a bike helmet on the ground next to her feet and a bicycle tire off to the side of her. Did they ride there?!

Your parents look like lovely people, momrek06. Very, very sweet.
    Punkin, beerbelly and momrek06 like this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

Lovely picture of your parents, momrek06. They look very youthful for their ages. Pictures like yours make me happy.
    momrek06 likes this.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

THANKS SO MUCH EVERYONE FOR ALL THE 'likes'!!!

AND MANY THANKS TO, Corn, beerbelly, ECM, Baby's Breath and Miss Scarlet for all your SWEET 'comments'!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    Aww they are so cute Karen! You know they loooooooved having you in FL. It's just awesome that they are so active at their ages, you have good genes!
    OMG, Corn, you are so right!!! TWO weeks makes it even HARDER to say good bye!!! We had so much FUN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    Wow! They look so great and happy!! (And young!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Wow, Karen, your folks look fabulous!!!! At least a decade or two younger than their ages. It's so wonderful they are active and healthy. God bless!
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    There appears to be a bike helmet on the ground next to her feet and a bicycle tire off to the side of her. Did they ride there?!

Your parents look like lovely people, momrek06. Very, very sweet.
    no, BB, I think that might be Mom's purse next to her feet!!! They are pretty active but instead of bike's they are always riding around in their golf cart to and from the Club House!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Lovely picture of your parents, momrek06. They look very youthful for their ages. Pictures like yours make me happy.
    Punkin and Baby's Breath like this.
    KAREN

What a great picture! And how blessed you are to still have them in your life and able to be so independent.

I lost my mom two years ago on Feb. 1st. She had Alzheimers and I wrote about her in the Losing Your Mom thread. She would have been 89 on Feb. 17th. Dad will be 92 in May, still fit as a fiddle and totally independent. When my mom needed more care than he could give, he actually moved into a studio apartment in the Nursing Home complex to be with her; she was in the skilled nursing section of the complex. He didn't really qualify, but he would never have left her there by herself. They were true soulmates and would have now been married almost 67 years. Six months after Mom's passing, we moved him out of the nursing home and into a small two-bedroom apartment closer to my brother and myself (my other sibs no longer live nearby), the cemetery, and the church. After my mom died, several of us really thought that he would soon leave us...due to a broken heart. Never in a million years did I ever, EVER think he would fall in love again! But he has! He met a widow, 84, at Church and asked her out to dinner and they have been "dating" ever since! Seven months after Mom died, he started dating again! I am so surprised, but I am happy for the two of them. She does not want to get married, but he would marry her. They enjoy each other's company. It is just weird! LOL He is like a kid again. And he is happy, so I can't complain. Funny thing is, and also kind of weird, is that both of their spouses are buried in the same cemetery and practically right across the roadway from each other! So if they go out to eat, and feel like stopping off to visit their loved ones, they both go to say a few prayers at each plot! I guess 90 is the new 60! LOL
    Punkin, shyra, Brooks and 9 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC View Post
    What a great picture! And how blessed you are to still have them in your life and able to be so independent.

I lost my mom two years ago on Feb. 1st. She had Alzheimers and I wrote about her in the Losing Your Mom thread. She would have been 89 on Feb. 17th. Dad will be 92 in May, still fit as a fiddle and totally independent. When my mom needed more care than he could give, he actually moved into a studio apartment in the Nursing Home complex to be with her; she was in the skilled nursing section of the complex. He didn't really qualify, but he would never have left her there by herself. They were true soulmates and would have now been married almost 67 years. Six months after Mom's passing, we moved him out of the nursing home and into a small two-bedroom apartment closer to my brother and myself (my other sibs no longer live nearby), the cemetery, and the church. After my mom died, several of us really thought that he would soon leave us...due to a broken heart. Never in a million years did I ever, EVER think he would fall in love again! But he has! He met a widow, 84, at Church and asked her out to dinner and they have been "dating" ever since! Seven months after Mom died, he started dating again! I am so surprised, but I am happy for the two of them. She does not want to get married, but he would marry her. They enjoy each other's company. It is just weird! LOL He is like a kid again. And he is happy, so I can't complain. Funny thing is, and also kind of weird, is that both of their spouses are buried in the same cemetery and practically right across the roadway from each other! So if they go out to eat, and feel like stopping off to visit their loved ones, they both go to say a few prayers at each plot! I guess 90 is the new 60! LOL
    MamaC, what a FABULOUS story!!! Thank you for sharing that with us!!!

While I am sad of your Mom's passing ... I think you are so right in saying "90 is the new 60"as far as your Dad is concerned!!

This must make your entire family so happy for Dad that he is not alone and lonely!!!

Our Seniors....its is indeed such a tough time in their lives....while visiting M&D for two weeks in FEB, they lost two dear friends, another two were admitted to the hospital for illness and one friend
    has moved from her Condo to Assisted Living.

But my parents hang in there and keep as active as possible!!!

I think they spend more time at MD appts than anything but its all for routine Senior medical appts!!!
    Punkin likes this.
    KAREN

I love this story - so sweet!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaC View Post

momrek06 likes this.
    Most Likely To Love Her Selfie, While Coloring, Pistol Packin', & Loving Her Boxer Babies

+ Reply to Thread