+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree18090Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Thanks to Mom I held onto many of my beloved childhood books. So my favorite baby present has been giving them as presents, but only to babies who are special to me.
    Oh, yes, yes, yes, and more yes. I love children's books and reading to my children is one of my favorite memories. They're never too young to start.
    A bit more on signing... gross motor skills used in signing develop much earlier than the fine motor skills needed for speech. Using signing with hearing babies develops the language part of the brain sooner, eliminates the frustration of not being understood (less crying), and is shown to create lasting superior language skills well into high school. It's a fascinating topic to read about. Next time I'm on my laptop I'll share a link.
    Punkin, Brooks and Eastcoastmom like this.
    Count your blessings!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Thanks, all, for weighing in. I was perusing Kohls website and they have some cute clothes. I'm also going to pick up a soft copy of Eric Carle's The Very Hungry Caterpillar, as it was one of my boys' favorites, along with Goodnight Moon. I'll throw in a cute little plush toy, rattle, etc and mail it out.
    Arielflies and momrek06 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Thanks, all, for weighing in. I was perusing Kohls website and they have some cute clothes. I'm also going to pick up a soft copy of Eric Carle's The Very Hungry Caterpillar, as it was one of my boys' favorites, along with Goodnight Moon. I'll throw in a cute little plush toy, rattle, etc and mail it out.
    ECM, I just glanced on the Kohl's website and they also have BABY BOOKS as well.

See if you can find any of those SOFT books that CRINKLE when you are there.

Babies LOVE that CRUNCHING CRINKLE noise.

Boggles my mind who comes up with these ideas like making baby books that CRINKLE because they realize that babies LOVE IT!!!

Here is one example BUT this is costly.....you can find crinkle books for ALLOT less.

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-14...k.jsp?prdPV=33
    KAREN

Babies LOVE that CRUNCHING CRINKLE noise.
    OMG YES!!! My two couldn't get enough of it. So funny what they like.
    momrek06 likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Crinkle books were probably invented by a cat owner. ;^)
    MiaT2, momrek06 and Cootie like this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Oh my gosh, I had SOOOOOOOOOOO much fun shopping at Kohls today. The baby girl clothes are so cute I couldn't stand it. I had such a hard time making up my mind. I did see that Eric Carle crinkle book, momrek, but I was looking for the hardcover book. I got this instead-

Very Hungry Caterpillar Jiggle Caterpillar Pull Toy.

And I got this:

And this: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-2526296/baby-girl-carters-petal-coverable-coveralls-set.jsp?pfm=rrrecs-pdp-gtab1

The last item I got was a steal on clearance...reduced 70%! It is a black and white Buffalo plaid top with black leggings. On top of it was a cute red cardigan and truth be told I'm not even sure it was part of the outfit. The sales clerk didn't say it wasn't, so I am not sure. It was the only one there.

I had $5 Kohls cash and I also had a 30% off coupon. I am rifling through my wallet and take out my coupons and was horrified to see that the 30% off coupon didn't start until tomorrow, which is when my Kohls cash expires. So, I go over to Customer Service and the clerk was so nice and she accepted both. I was able to save a total of $20.60! That will pay for the shipping!
    Last edited by Eastcoastmom; 03-02-2017 at 05:34 PM.

ECM, you did SOOOOOOOOO freaking AWESOMEEEEE!!!!!!!

I LOVE everything you got!!! WOOT WOOT!!!

#CupCakeOnTheButt

Eastcoastmom likes this.
    KAREN

I LOVE Kohl's!!
    “When someone shows you who they are believe them; the first time.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Not a sleeper sofa as I no longer have the energy to deal with opening and closing. Plus, I would have to move a few things that sit in front of it I sleep on my side and don't toss and turn so I have enough room. I'm now 4'9" so there is plenty of length in the width. The bedding (a sheet since it is so hot at night even with the window open) is in a basket under the coffee table that my father made. He also made the TV stand, the desk top and the book cases. Of course I had to bring those with me.

Here is a sunset view from the window without a blind pull.
    I like your apartment, Ariel. It makes me realize how I really need to go through my house & get rid of the clutter & unnecessary stuff. We need so little of it, but keep it anyhow. But my favorite part is your view. That's beautiful.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

Today is so clear it is as if Catalina Island is a step away from the mainland, not 26 miles.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread