+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5916Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2275243;
    PEEVE: Order takers at fast food places, who after I place my order and say that's all and it will be to go, look at me and say "do you want chips with that?" WHAT DID I JUST TELL YOU??
    My daughter who works at Subway was just telling me how much she hates "upselling" which is what they did to you. They have 'mystery shoppers" who come in and if they are "upsold" so many times, then the employees in her shop win prizes. She says that if they order a sub, she has to offer a combo and if they choose the combo, she has to offer cookies, etc.
    She says that it doesn't take long, but it backs the line up on busy days and then everyone gets mad as its taking so long to get their orders. But she says her boss "tells them very firmly" that they MUST do this.

For the record I hate it too. But when I was in sales, I did the same thing and occasionally (especially if you on on commission) it pays off. But it is a pain in the butt for everyone involved in it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I can live with the upselling but I hate it when I say "it's to go" and they still ask do I want it "for here, or to go." One time at the drive-through my husband said "this is to go" . He does things like that sometimes just to be silly.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I have another chapter for my Adventures with Boris and the Gym Teacher book:
    She spoke to me today! She asked me if Boris could have a dog treat.

She actually had a box of Milk Bones with her. This whole thing is becoming very funny to me and very sweet for Boris, so I guess it's all working out for the good.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2276266;
    I have another chapter for my Adventures with Boris and the Gym Teacher book:
    She spoke to me today! She asked me if Boris could have a dog treat.

She actually had a box of Milk Bones with her. This whole thing is becoming very funny to me and very sweet for Boris, so I guess it's all working out for the good.
    Oh that's funny. I think I couldn't have resisted saying: "he can't, but I can".

------------------------------------
    My husband and I have gotten a habit over the years after ordering through the drive through of saying at the end of the order: AND THAT'S ALL! Works pretty good.

I don't know if I ever told our drive through story following my daughters sinus surgery, but I can never go back to that McDonald's again. After the outpatient surgery, she kept throwing up blood. They FINALLY released her, she had not eaten in almost 24 hours and was hungry and wanted McDonald's. As we pull up to the window and the worker is handing my husband the bag, my daughter lets loose in the backseat (she is directly behind my husband) and projectile vomits and its blood. It went EVERYWHERE. As I am a sympathic vomiter (I never like to let anyone throw up alone. ), I jumped out of the car and started speed walking across the parking lot. (so much for the sympathic mom), but I knew if I stayed, there'd be more to clean up. Hubby grabs the bag of food, asks for napkins, they basically give him a double handfull and he screeches out of the drive through lane and turns the corner on two wheels into the parking lot. He is out of the drivers seat almost before the car has been put in park and he's wiping off the back of his head, her, the seat, floor, etc. It looked much worse than it was (it looked like a murder scene) and me standing on the other side of the parking lot looking on from a distance (yes, I am mother of the year). The manager came out to make sure everything was ok.
    At that point, my daughter is eating her french fries and is fine. Absolutely fine. We have never gone back to that McDonald's ever again, for good reason.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Geez.......thanks for sharing. Think I'd better go lie down now.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2276446;
    Geez.......thanks for sharing. Think I'd better go lie down now.
    sorry. at the time it was horrible, but now the whole family laughs at it. I think that the drive through worker was more traumatized. Probably doesn't ask: do you want fries with that now, for sure.

newf: Your thread name sounds like it could become a blockbuster movie!

cricketeen:I think the gym teacher is in love with Boris. You might need to get a restraining order. He is underage you know.

myrosiedog: Stupid Pet Coffee.... Good one.

newf and gabriel: Here's a "morning glory" from me just to you!

Attachment 19630Attachment 19631
    Last edited by misskitty; 04-06-2007 at 01:54 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2276617;
    cricketeen:I think the gym teacher is in love with Boris. You might need to get a restraining order. He is underage you know.
    I was thinking the same thing! When you notice her creeping around the neighborhood late at night and peeking through your doggy-door, you know it's time to file the VPO. Stalker!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2275243;
    PEEVE: Order takers at fast food places,

Which is something i'm not. Something that's been annoying the hell out of me for years is people who misdial. Seriously. On saturday i had someone call me asking for takeout and mentioning something from 'the website'. Im like, 'wrong number' and hungup.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Thank you, all for your toothbrush suggestions. I've written them down for further study.

Here's another issue I'd like suggestions on: I am invited to a wedding that is much further away than I intend to go. I don't know the bride nor the groom. I know the groom's father from work, and we have a decent friendship. I want to send a check. How much do you guys suggest would be appropriate? We'll be sending the check to his father.

I'm not sending a gift since they don't know me from a can of beans.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread