+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6180Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    WOW JLuvs.....that is an unbelievable quilt! I would love to have something like that with all of my son's baseball/basketball shirts. How many shirts would she need to make a quilt like that?

PM me with the details too..........
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

My sister did one a quilt made from her son's baby blankets. I love the idea!

I'm such a sentimental goob, though, that I don't know if I could ever cut up either the blankets or the shirts. I'd cry the whole time.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Does anyone have an electric toothbrush that they, absolutely, love and could recommend to me?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I have Colgate motion and it's good. Comes with battery. But it's a stand alone brush, it doesn't come with a case i've seen others come in or a replaceable head.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2270886;
    WOW JLuvs.....that is an unbelievable quilt! I would love to have something like that with all of my son's baseball/basketball shirts. How many shirts would she need to make a quilt like that?

PM me with the details too..........
    I've seen quite of few of them. Seems to be the thing to do for high school graduation presents around here. Some I've seen have strips of material between the shirts and others the shirts are sewn right together. I prefer the ones with strips like Jluvs.

I found these sites with how-to information. And lots more that will make them for you.

Crafts : Instructions : T-Shirt Quilts : Home & Garden Television

Tee Shirt Quilts - how to make T-shirt quilts - free quilt pattern
    Last edited by veejer; 03-08-2007 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2270991;
    Does anyone have an electric toothbrush that they, absolutely, love and could recommend to me?
    OK, I read THAT wrong! At first read, I thought you were trying to get a toothbrush from someone I still use a manual, so I'm no help, but I have a quick side-story. When I go to the dentist, they always give me a new brush, a trial-size tube of toothpaste, and sometimes floss. Last time, I told the hygienist that it was really hard to make those little tubes last a full six months.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I guess I am just glad that you auto-corrected!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2270991;
    I use the Oral B Pulsar, I don't know if its the kind of electric brush you are looking for but I really like it. It really makes my mouth feel clean and the 'head' isn't too big to get all the way to the back. It took my wisdom teeth about 4-5 years to fully come in and any brush with a big end used to hurt so bad. Now that all 4 are in, I can't open my mouth wide enough to get a normal electric toothbrush behind them.

JLuvs - that is such a beautiful quilt and a great keepsake. My grandma has made all us grand kids quits and matching pillows out of old jeans. They are so warm and heavy enough that they are awesome for using outside. I'll have to let her know about the T-shirt idea, she'll like it.

FORT Newbie

Fast Food Burgers in NY?

Im looking for ideas for great hamburgers in NYC coz I'm tired of goin to the same old burger stand I often hang out with. Any part of manhattan. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Deja Vu?

I thought I saw this thread before tonight, only it didn't specify New York City. No offense intended, but though the thread is about burgers, I smell something vaguely fishy.

One thing I'd suggest though I've never been to New York, and that is to check out one of the alternative city papers I can't imagine Manhattan lacking in. The major newspapers might feel they are above burger reviews, though I doubt it, but papers relating to different sections and segments of the city probably carry that sort of flavor.

Or just cruise the streets, seeing as you include Manhattan as a whole. Noticing lines of people waiting patiently and submissively for permission to enter the 'Burger Nazi' seems like a good indicator of a place worth a looksee.

+ Reply to Thread