+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 2419 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041811315311031 ... LastLast
Like Tree5671Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

I was thinking about posting this in the pet peeve, but it's not really, so here goes:

On Wednesday, I had a Cocktail with people in my field (translation). It just so happens it was thrown by my old employer, so I went knowing I'd see some old coworkers. Some, I was looking forward to seeing again, others, not so much. After making my rounds, I decide to finally approach the one person I was seriously hoping to never cross path with again. But it was a small gathering and I couldn't avoid him, even though it was obvious he saw me and was waiting for me to go up to him. This man is 30 years my senior, was under my supervision and is disliked by all.

So I go up to him and say Hi. His reply: Oh, hi DesertRose! I can see we've both packed a little bit of pounds since we last met! What an a$$hole. Usually, I just stutter and let it go. This time, for some reason, I managed to utter in my most saccarine-sweet voice and with the biggest innocent smile: Well I had a baby, how about you? The people around me started laughing, but I was fuming. You think he got it? People like that are clueless idiots.

who cares if he got it, Nice zinger! People that clueless don't deserve to be worried about
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
    utter in my most saccarine-sweet voice and with the biggest innocent smile: Well I had a baby, how about you? The people around me started laughing, but I was fuming. You think he got it? People like that are clueless idiots.
    He's probably too stupid to get it. But that is an excellent retort! Brava!

You guys sure get up early for koffee! Darn morning people Not sure if I should try and stay up now or go to bed and try to get up early! No brainer. I'm going to bed now.

So GOOD MORNING everyone! How's the coffee?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Good Morning, misskitty!
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

good morning everyone.

Nice zinger desert rose, what an idiot. I don't understand why people do that.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    DR - what a freakin' moron. Glad you were able to zing him. Lots of times I come up with the perfect retort. In my head, 20 minutes later

Dying for a bagel this morning, but I'm settling for my All Bran cereal. Not a great trade off!! Happy morning all

Im eating a real healthy breakfast this morning..( NOT )! Just had a sugar free chocolate chip cookie.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    Im eating a real healthy breakfast this morning..( NOT )! Just had a sugar free chocolate chip cookie.

Well it IS sugar free, so that is something!!!!

I had biscotti, is that any better??? And it wasn't sugar free. You know, if you have coffee and biscotti, you fool yourself into thinking that you are eating breakfast food, but biscotti is really just a hard cookie!

---------------

Only 49 more days, 7 hours and 49 min. until College Football starts! Been checking my teams roster this morning and they actually have a countdown clock, who'd have thought!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Yeah..the cookie was sugar free, so I guess that counts for something!
    I can't have sugar, so I'm always on the search for tasty sugar free sweets.
    These are in the refirgerated section of the grocery..the cookies you break apart and bake. Simple and really good.

+ Reply to Thread