+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree18090Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I'm back and catching up on all the threads. I've been in a black depression since 11-9 and still not completely out of it. What's been affecting me the most is hearing about hatred and bigotry aimed at minority children, so I decided to take the American Girl size doll clothes and jewelry I made when I first retired and make sets of them with 18" dolls (can't afford American Girl, but there are knock-offs). Now I'm trying to find matches for them with girls who might need the comfort right now. I have two at the local thrift store where they do a lot for abused women and children and immigrants, but last I checked she hadn't found anyone for them. I asked a teacher friend who swims with me and she said she could put them in their Christmas gift project. I explained to her that I wasn't interested in only finding Christian girls and she didn't seem to get it. I talked with the middle school English Language Learners teacher today and she immediately knew of a family with 3 girls the right age if I didn't mind them going to the same family. That would be fine. It helps me to be doing something.

GUT, OMG, I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!!! I am so happy to read your are BACK!!!

And I feel the EXACT same way you do. I am sick. Sick to my stomach over it.

But together we will all have to deal with it as best as we can. We have no choice.

YOU are an AMAZING Gut, with all that you do for people.

What a fabulous idea with the DOLL CLOTHES and JEWELRY for those in need!!!
    KAREN

Love you, momrek. Thanks for the warm thoughts. I've been making a LOT of felt... very therapeutic. When I start to get overwhelmed, I get out the mat, wool, shortened pool noodle, and bubble wrap and next thing I know, I'm rolling, rolling, rolling with Gregorian chants on in the background.
    beerbelly and momrek06 like this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Love you, momrek. Thanks for the warm thoughts. I've been making a LOT of felt... very therapeutic. When I start to get overwhelmed, I get out the mat, wool, shortened pool noodle, and bubble wrap and next thing I know, I'm rolling, rolling, rolling with Gregorian chants on in the background.

FABULOUS!!!!

And the CHANTS, so AWESOME!!!

XOXO
    KAREN

So happy to have you back Gut!!! I missed you.
    Gutmutter and momrek06 like this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I have to tell you all something kinda cool.

Yesterday was MOM's 89th Birthday. We all pitched in and bought her a new flat screen tv for her sewing room. Dad (90yo) picked it up at Best Buy and hid it until yesterday morning.

Before she was awake he went to their garage and brought it in and set it all up.

She was PUMPED when she saw it. Her current tv was basically a dinosaur.

Well the cool thing is I have a Sis at Verizon who has access to this toll free number (normally used for Conference Calling) which you dial and then put in a 'pin' and everyone can talk together no matter where you are located.

So my son sent and "E-VITE" to the entire family to call the # at 7pm EAST. (Which for me was 4pm).

We usually all call her throughout her day to say HAPPY HAPPY. But this sounded like so much FUN.

So after all her friends and Dad took her to an "Early Bird" dinner at Mystic Fish, we all CALLED.

MOM was BEYOND thrilled that EVERYONE was on the line TOGETHER. My Chris even was holding Stevie Violet who was coo-ing through out the call.

Ok but the COOL thing was that there were TWELVE STATES and the DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA all on the phone TOGETHER!!!!

Here is MOM, taken this Summer in Maine.

KAREN

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Ok but the COOL thing was that there were TWELVE STATES and the DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA all on the phone TOGETHER!!!!

Oh gosh Karen thats so cool! I bet your mum was over the moon happy!..what a great birthday!
    momrek06 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm impressed that your 90 year old father could tote around a flat screen TV even if it is on the small side.

Although, I met a 91 year old yesterday who could probably do it. Some people are so fortunate to retain their strength into a late age.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Oh you are all the BESTEST ever!!!

Fanny, she was THRILLED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I'm impressed that your 90 year old father could tote around a flat screen TV even if it is on the small side.

Although, I met a 91 year old yesterday who could probably do it. Some people are so fortunate to retain their strength into a late age.
    My Dad is in AMAZING shape, we are so blessed that they are both doing FABULOUS!!!

Here is a pic of me and my DAD dancing last Spring at my neice, Dad's granddaughter's wedding!!!

My hubby took the pic and I LOVE it even though is a bit blurry!!!

Punkin, shyra, Arielflies and 5 others like this.
    KAREN

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I'm impressed too that your dad was able to not only carry it in, but set it up. The set up is always confusing, imo, with all the different cable wires and then it has to program with the remote when you turn it on. Your mom is lovely, momrek. Very cool that you were all able to conference call at the same time. I'm sure that made your mom's day.

I'm having a good day so far. I'm a late to bed, late to rise kind of gal but today I woke and showered before 7 and was out the door by 8 b/c Marshalls, TJ Maxx and Home Goods were having a promotion for their rewards card members. Anyone who came between 8:30-9:30 got a free roll of Christmas gift wrap and could enter a raffle for a gift card. Plus there were breakfast treats. So I went to Home Goods, which is in my town, and sat in my car for 15 min. A lady pulls up at the last minute and bounds out of the car as they were just opening the store. Drats! I wanted to be the first one in the store. I thought maybe there would be a special gift or something. Anyway, the employees are all clapping and hooting and hollering each time someone came in. We were handed our gift wrap and told to fill out the raffle and help ourselves to DD munchkins and coffee. The employees were so nice. Well, you see where this is going? The first raffle drawing had 2 winners, myself and the first lady who came into the store. We each won $20 gift cards. Of course I spent it promptly. At the register they asked if I wanted to make a donation to St. Jude's Children's Hospital, so of course I did to pay it forward.
    Punkin, CantGetNuf, PGM35 and 4 others like this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

WELCOME BACK, GUTMUTTER. You've been missed. Thank you for sharing your heartwarming post. There truly are angels here on Earth and you are one of them.
    Gutmutter and momrek06 like this.

+ Reply to Thread