+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6180Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2268429;
    My Mum said that it took her about 20 hours.
    Wow, not only is she a fabulous quilter, but she's incredibly fast too.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2268479;
    Wow, not only is she a fabulous quilter, but she's incredibly fast too.
    Yeppers. She worked on it for about an hour a week. Sometimes more, sometimes less. I love my Mum
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

What a great pic JLuvs. That quilt is really great. What gave her the idea? Your mom looks great in that pic, by the way.

MRD
    Gorgeous quilt and what a memento to have from all your concerts and from your mom.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Makes me wish I had cool T-shirts.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

JLuvs, what an awesome mom and an awesome quilt!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    15-20 years ago, I had a t-shirt collection. No more. JLuvs, your mother definitely loves you all to pieces!! The two of you are working my heartstrings.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;2268615;
    What a great pic JLuvs. That quilt is really great. What gave her the idea? Your mom looks great in that pic, by the way.
    Well this is the third tshirt quilt that she has made me. Around seven years ago, I think, my Mum asked my brothers and I to give her all the old shirts that we loved but didn't fit into any more from when we were little, little kids. We had no idea what she was doing with them, but for Christmas we each got our own tshirt quilt.

When I was done with college in 2001 my Mum volunteered to make me a little quilt of all my college, jr. academy and high school shirts. Band tour shirts, choir tour shirts...etc and I can't remember when I got that.

Last August when both my Mum and I were moving and up until this point we lived right next door to each other, I asked her if she would be willing to make me another. She willingly said yes and I told her that I could get it in 50 years and be happy. So I packed up all my concert shirts, reality tv show shirts, Dodger shirts, and a couple of other travel shirts and flannel shirts that lived in high school. She then turned it into that wonderful quilt.

My Mum and I are super close now, but I was a horrible brat to her when I was younger and I am not just talking about the terrible teens either. I am glad that time has passed though as she really is one of my best friends.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2269019;
    My Mum and I are super close now, but I was a horrible brat to her when I was younger and I am not just talking about the terrible teens either. I am glad that time has passed though as she really is one of my best friends.
    Awww! That brought tears to my eyes.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    That's nice, JLuvs! And a fabulous quilt!!
    Just so you know, there's actually at least one company that does this as well--found them in The New Yorker as I recall, or the NY Times Magazine...some unlikely spot. I got one made of race t-shirts ( of which we now have hundreds, I'm not kidding) for my sig. other--came out great--but I bet JLuvs' mom could do it better!

+ Reply to Thread