+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7290Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Congratulations, Gut, you're very impressive!
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

MRD
    Today sucks and its only 6:30 a.m. First off, I didn't sleep well. Waldo came bounding in at 3. He knows how to open our bedroom door. Then it was restless tossing and turning until now. Hubby leaves for work. He gets down the hill, 3 houses from ours and the timing belt broke. I now have to go help him "push" yes push, his truck UP the freaking hill at 6:30 this morning. I'm sitting here desperately drinking coffee and trying to crank open my eyes and now have to go do something physical before I've even had a chance for my brain to engage. ARGH!
    I say we stap Waldo to the truck and make him pull it. That's how he does me on the leash.

I want to go back to bed and hide under the covers, which is where Rosie and Bogie are, the only 2 smart ones around this morning.

It is ALWAYS something.

Well must go get dressed in truck pushing clothes.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Ah but myrosiedog- The days when it ISN'T something I find, far out number THOSE kind of days. Hang in there and enter Waldo in the "strongest truck pulling dog contest"

Gabriel, you have the funniest Paul Lynde quote in the animal lovers thread, but it doesn't show up here - It looks like a sig line but I guess it isn't?
    Where do you get those quotes anyway - I loved Paul Lynde and they always bring a smile or chuckle.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

There's a woman actress who strongly reminds me of Paul Lynde - she was the mother of Mike TV in the original Willy Wonka. I always wondered if she was his sister or something. She looked like him, sounded like him, and had timing like him (maybe it was Paul in drag!). Does anyone know who I mean?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2262637;
    There's a woman actress who strongly reminds me of Paul Lynde - she was the mother of Mike TV in the original Willy Wonka. I always wondered if she was his sister or something. She looked like him, sounded like him, and had timing like him (maybe it was Paul in drag!). Does anyone know who I mean?
    Gutmutter - You're right - she does remind me of Paul Lynde! I looked it up on IMDB, and her name is Nora Denney. Here are the only facts that they had of her on there:

(Nora Denney) was the second choice to play Mike TeeVee's mom on "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory." The producer's first choice was Jean Stapleton, who declined the part to do a TV pilot instead. The pilot was for "All in the Family."

Her sons Dix and John are the founders of the Los Angeles based punk band The Weirdos.

Started her career on local Missouri TV playing Marilyn the Witch on "The Witching Hour."

So . . . it doesn't look like she's related, but the similarities are definitely there!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Wow! I'm always amazed at the information folks are able to retrieve here. Now I won't go to my grave wondering about that. I've had that little question mark in my brain for decades!
    Count your blessings!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2262733;
    Wow! I'm always amazed at the information folks are able to retrieve here. Now I won't go to my grave wondering about that. I've had that little question mark in my brain for decades!
    Google and The Internet Movie Database (IMDb) are great friends to have Gut!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2261567;
    Aw... you guys are so sweet. It really wasn't that big a deal. Most of the others taking the class are girls on the swim team and I only finished a half a length behind them. I was a little winded from trying to keep apace with them, but then I volunteered to be first getting the brick so I could go home. My 15-year-old daughter is taking the class with me. I asked her first if she would mind and she said no. (She'll be 16 before the class is over.) The first actual class starts in half an hour, so I'd better go get suited
    up.
    How neat that you took this class with your daughter!! Thank goodness she's at that age where she doesn't mind you being around with her friends. A little younger, and she'd rather die than have you with her! Sounds like she has a strong sense of who she is...and sounds like you've done a good job!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Thanks! I'm proud of all 3 kids for different reasons, but this one is sweet, kind, and sensitive. The others are high achievers but high maintanance as well.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread