+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Not really too big of a challenge? Good Lord woman! I couldn't do that.

Go get them Gutmutter!

Wishes sent your way Gutmutter! WOO HOO! You sound like a fish right out of water if you can do that! Woweee. YOU GO GIRL!

I am fairly pathetic in a pool. When my feet can't touch the bottom I start to get anxious. I like the floating boards as opposed to diving boards if you get my drift. I did take lessons and got my junior but kept freezing in the darn pool and shook so much I kept drowning. Got kicked out of swim class in high school for teeth chattering and inability to keep up with the others. Had to do the weight room twice as much. It made me feel bad.

Anyone else have trouble swimming?
    Last edited by misskitty; 03-01-2007 at 03:11 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I had no trouble with the swim test. Thanks for all the encouragement. A high school girl had to drop out because she couldn't do it. I felt bad for her, but seriously - you have no business being a lifeguard if you can't swim well. I used to teach this class before I had kids and I really have no sympathy for the ones who are in it for an "easy" job, the tan, or the boys. We also had to do the brick test which is retrieving a 10 lb. rubber brick from the deep end and then treading water with it out of the water. This is where my body type comes in handy. Muscle sinks, fat floats.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2260707;
    This is where my body type comes in handy. Muscle sinks, fat floats.
    Gut, I love you.

Congratulations Gutmutter! You said it was no big deal, but it sounds like a pretty tough test to me.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

CCL
    Well done, Gutmutter!
    I've not been in a pool in ages. I've not been swimming in ages, matter of fact. I miss it. I wish I had access to a private pool, though, as I don't really want to deal with the masses at the public pool. Must troll the neighbourhood looking for houses with pools owned by people who want new friends.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Great job, Gutmutter! I never had any doubts that you could pass the test.

Great job Gut!

I have a friend who works as a life guard during the summers. He says it's for the girls and sunshine, which could possibly be true, be he really is strong and works out a lot. So I guess in his case the girls and sun is an added bonus. Plus he has passed all the test and I do not doubt that he is taken it seriously.

Aw... you guys are so sweet. It really wasn't that big a deal. Most of the others taking the class are girls on the swim team and I only finished a half a length behind them. I was a little winded from trying to keep apace with them, but then I volunteered to be first getting the brick so I could go home. My 15-year-old daughter is taking the class with me. I asked her first if she would mind and she said no. (She'll be 16 before the class is over.) The first actual class starts in half an hour, so I'd better go get suited up.
    Count your blessings!

Way to go, Gut!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

+ Reply to Thread