+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree17668Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

What a lovely backdrop for your handsome son and beautiful granddaughter, Karen. Stevie Violet is getting so big!

AZ, someone shared a podcast of Mike Rowe's the other day on Facebook that had me howling. Did you catch it? He describes an e-mail sent to him by his mother about losing her big blue purse at Walmart. It was hysterical.
    PGM35 and momrek06 like this.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Yes, it was after that that I "Liked" his Facebook page so that I'd get more of his stuff. He had one yesterday that was really funny, too - and he refers to something from it in tonight's episode.

It's a welcome change from an awful lot of what's on FB these days.
    momrek06 likes this.
    I'm Paula.

Thanks AZ. I really enjoyed the ones I saw on facebook. His mother's letter is hysterical. I wonder if she's close to sending her manuscript in for editing, or if she'll self-publish at Amazon. I have a feeling that is one book of fiction I would like to read.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    What a great picture. And what a handsome son & beautiful granddaughter.
    I like seeing pictures like that.
    THANKS so much, Miss Scarlet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    What a lovely backdrop for your handsome son and beautiful granddaughter, Karen. Stevie Violet is getting so big!
    THANKS so much, ECM!!!

I really appreciate your very sweet comments!!!
    KAREN

Ugh! This morning started f by me spilling hot coffee all over mt computer and me. Now my okeytboard isn't working and not is mty computer as you can tell! I hope this isn't permanent .
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Oh my, Beerbelly. I hate that for you. Can you at least get things backed up?
    beerbelly likes this.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Our hearts go out to you, beerbelly. We've all BTDT, so we empathize.
    beerbelly likes this.
    I'm Paula.

I hope that's not #1 in your set of three.

My thoughts are with you and MFWalkoff and any other NYCity dwellers today. Thank goodness for minimal human damage. Do store owners have to carry bomb blast insurance these days?

Watched the David Burtka party special on Food Network this morning. They filmed at his and Neil's brownstone in Harlem and Beerbelly I thought about you and wondered if you recognized the neighborhood.

I hope the remainder of your day contains good luck.
    beerbelly, Debb70 and Eastcoastmom like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    Ugh! This morning started f by me spilling hot coffee all over mt computer and me. Now my okeytboard isn't working and not is mty computer as you can tell! I hope this isn't permanent .
    I use a plug-in keyboard for my laptop because I hate using the cramped keyboard and mousepad on the laptop. During the hurricane, my keyboard apparently got some moisture in it because the keys were sticking. I'd try to type "k" and it would automatically type "pk", etc. I looked online for how to fix it and they recommended doing what you do if your cellphone gets wet. Either lay the keyboard down upside down (keys facing the table) for 24-48 hours to let it dry or put the keyboard in a large Ziplock bag with uncooked rice to absorb the moisture. I put my keyboard upside down for a few days and just used the laptop's keyboard for the time being and sure enough, it was working fine again!
    beerbelly likes this.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

This really bugs me. We (central NC) are having a fuel shortage due to a pipeline leak. Now, we are low on gas and the prices are being hiked up drastically. I filled up on Friday paying $1.87 per gallon at Sam's Club, which is discounted, and today it is $2.07! Some stations have it up to $3.00 per gallon! Most have been around $2.10 for the last few weeks.

Pumps out of gas in North Carolina after pipeline leak | abc11.com

+ Reply to Thread