+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6755Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Lois, I think it has to do with liking something and then getting notifications about it. I think it's akin to yahoo alerts that send you emails about your fave celeb or news.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2245227;
    Lois, I think it has to do with liking something
    I like you!

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2245210;
    What's this "Digg It" thingy I see on all the posts now?
    There's a thread here in the Announcements forum that explains it.

haejin: Wow that was scary. Practice saying No, Leave me alone or I will call the police and hold up your cellphone. You did the right thing by walking in a different direction, but stay around other people. If you remember what the dude looked like, call the police and file a report and says what bus and what time and day this stranger was attempting to get to know you. Considering his age and his quick wanting for personal information, it's not a bad idea to give the police a heads up. He may be riding buses trying to get to know young girls. Not cool. Stay safe!

myrosiedog: Wow, that is wonderful news! You have bones!

Cupcakes and cake... sinfully delicious anytime, anywhere.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Darn fine job there MRD!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

DesertRose, happy to hear your son's wasn't that ill.

Haejin, you did the right thing by not going straight home.

Myrosiedog, so glad that you lost enough weight to allow you to go horseback riding.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 02-17-2007 at 10:10 PM. Reason: removed large quotes not needed for comments

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by haejin;2244780;
    I did give him a real email address of mine, one I rarely check, and I don't plan on responding should I see any emails from him.

However, I'm not at ease with what I did. Was what I did the right thing to do? I feel like I gave away more about myself than I should have. What do you all think? (I'm 15)
    I think you should keep an eye out for an e-mail from him, haejin, and if you get anything creepy from him (to me, anything you get would be creepy since you told him to leave you alone) then forward it to yourself with all the header information displayed.

Then you can print it up and take it to the cops to let them check him out for you.

I'm hoping you stay safe and don't talk to strangers so readily when you're out there in the world. I'll be worried about you!!!

Haejin, I think that you ultimately did the right thing, but be very careful in the future. You're a pretty young girl and who knows what that man had in mind. As others have said, live and learn. You were uncomfortable with some of your behavior this time, so you know not to do it next time. Just beware of anyone in the future that wants to know personal info about you so quickly, regardless of their age. They could be bad news. Take care of yourself.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    haejin, just remember that just because someone asks you for something, it doesn't mean you have to give it to them. I know it's difficult 'cause you don't want to make the other person feel bad--and kids are sometimes conditioned to not talk back to adults. But you need to keep yourself safe. The guy sounded like an old creep. You're a cute girl and look your age. He should've known better. I think you did the smart thing not leading him directly to your house. If you see him again, or get approached by someone like him again and they want your information, just say, "No, you can't have it. My dad--THE COP--doesn't like it when strange men call for me." Or something like that.

I remember seeing a special on women and safety and all the experts said the same thing--trust your gut. When you get the weird feeling that something's not right, it usually isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2245244;
    There's a thread here in the Announcements forum that explains it.
    Thanks Unklescott. I just read John's post and I don't really get it (still...duh...). I understand the rating part but I don't get what Diggit.com does--or how our rating posts works with that site. I'm going to go nose around on there and figure it out!

Haejin,

All of these people are giving you very sound advice. Best thing is to not divulge any information. But dummy addresses are always there such as gamer@yahoo.com phone numbers can always be 555-0444 or your local weather or time number. That was smart that you did not walk in your normal direction, I would think you always want to be able to duck into any business if there is no police station nearby.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread