+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

What's the new option on the bottom of the post that says Digg It?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    MRD....CONGRATULATIONS on the 138 lb. weight loss! Heck, you've lost an entire person! I've known several people to have had the surgery and for the most part...all have done well.

Keep up the good work!

nilesgirl...John has an explanation of that DiggIt button in the Announcements section!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD - Way to go! What an amazing accomplishment. You should be proud of yourself.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2245032;
    MRD....CONGRATULATIONS on the 138 lb. weight loss! Heck, you've lost an entire person! I've known several people to have had the surgery and for the most part...all have done well.

Keep up the good work!
    Thanks. I can't believe that I have lost a person!
    I can't tell you how much better I feel, how much more I am able to do and the thing that amazes me most and gets laughs from my husband at my amazement: I have BONES!!! I mean, I can see and feel bones. I have collar and hip bones now that are actually visable!!! I can't remember the last time I could see and feel actual bones without padding!

When I've talked to other people that have had this surgery, its amazing what our "aha" moment is. One said that she had not taken a "sit down" bath in 20 years. She said she got in the tub and her hips did not touch the sides and she could actually immerse her whole body in the bathtub and it just amazed her she could do that.

Mine is the "I've got BONES!!!"
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2244983;
    DesertRose, that fever thing would have scared the you know what out of me. When my daughter was 3, she got a bad fever and was so sick (throwing up, dehydrated), the dr. hospitalized her. The nurses stripped her and kept putting cool washclothes on her to help bring the fever down. I can remember being absolutely frantic inside, but trying to hold it together outside. We couldn't reach my husband at work, but thank goodness my mom was with me. My daughter went from high fever, almost unresponsive, to sitting up in bed, DEMANDING food and chattering like a monkey in 12 hours. The powers of children to heal are amazing!!! Glad to hear yours is better.

I want to thank whoever it was that said the cupcakes at Starbucks were so good they tasted like birthday cake. I had a gift card for SB from Christmas and this week was both a difficult and satisfying week here with my daughter (both school and other things) so I took her out yesterday to treat her at SB. We decided to split a cupcake.

OMG!!! Good thing I used up the balance on the gift card as I will now be staying OUT of SB. You were right, birthday cake. YUM. My weakness is mostly cake. I can usually bypass other things, but birthday cake is like my kryptonite, I am powerless in its presence. I'm glad we split it too. That was probably one of the best darn cupcakes in the whole world! Now to find my willpower once again.

(BTW, those of you that know about my surgery. It's been 11 months and I have lost 138 pounds. I was hoping for the 150 mark at my 1 year anniversay. Don't know if it will happen, but even if it doesn't, I am still happy with the outcome and am still losing but its slowing down as my dr. has said it would. And no more SB cupcakes for a while, for sure!
    I stumbled on a picture from New Year's last year and couldn't believe the difference and neither could my daughter or husband when I showed them)

Myrosiedog! - Awesome for you. Keep up the good work and keep smiling.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    How exciting! I am very excited for you! You know I'm a big fan of simple pleasures!! It was a complex journey, but it led to a simple pleasure!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2245107;
    How exciting! I am very excited for you! You know I'm a big fan of simple pleasures!! It was a complex journey, but it led to a simple pleasure!
    THanks, its so funny because I have this urge to go up to people (and I know they would run far away from me. ) and say: Want to see my bones? I have them now. It is a simple pleasure, should have posted it there.

In fact, I was invited to go horseback riding. I have not been on a horse in 20 years. I was so excited to be asked because now I know I can actually get myself on the horse and not kill the animal. We are going in a couple weeks. I have been beside myself for days to even think about riding again. I hope its like riding a bicycle because it has been ages. I grew up around horses and rode a lot when I was a LOT younger.

Another simple pleasure. I'm full of them today.

Cupcakes, bones and horseback riding, It's good when something like that can make you happy. Either that or I'm just crazy!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Congrats rosie. You did what is so hard for many to do. What a major accomplishment!
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Extremely proud of you, Myrosiedog.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    What's this "Digg It" thingy I see on all the posts now?

myrosiedog, sounds like you're having fun! Rapelling,horsebackriding...I' m waiting for you to tell us you're going parasailing next! Good for you! And I'm totally with you on the cupcakes...

+ Reply to Thread