+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5838Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

I feel really bad for all the New Yorkers drowning in 8 feet of snow. Now that's too much snow!! I'm surprised more roofs haven't collapsed. Snow is light until it piles up. Then it's particularly heavy. I hope people take it easy; many suffer from heart attacks by trying to do too much at once.

ETA sorry for the earlier double post. How did that happen?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I used to live in Watertown, NY and feel bad for the ones who are being hit hard this winter. I was pretty much a shut-in during the winter months and luckily I didn't need to work then because I could never have built up the confidence to drive in those conditions on a daily basis. We had an accident while we were there and that only magnified my fears of driving when it was icy.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I've got these cool tables in my family room that look like big leatherbound books. I only have a coffee table and 1 end table. The salesman was quite sure I'd be back for a second end table, but it didn't happen. I've had these tables for several years, and I have yet to add lamps at all. I am so insecure when it comes to decorating that I second guess myself to the nth degree. That is very frustrating, on a personal level.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2238077;
    I am so insecure when it comes to decorating that I second guess myself to the nth degree. That is very frustrating, on a personal level.
    I'm the same way. When I finally finish a room, people say they like it but it takes me forever to figure out what might look good and then actually go for it. I hate matchy matchy and am all over the place style-wise so it takes me forever to get that eclectic look just right. My husband keeps asking me where I am going to hang our various pictures and paintings in our new house and I keep telling him that is the last thing I plan to do, after we've been here awhile. Maybe next year .
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

We have 8-12" of snow forecast for tomorrow. I was heading to the grocery store today anyway. What was it I am supposed to buy? Eggs, milk, bread? Sounds like a recipe for french toast to me.

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;2238559;
    We have 8-12" of snow forecast for tomorrow.
    I hope stays up your way veej. They're saying the same thing for us but we're on the edge of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2238564;
    I hope stays up your way veej. They're saying the same thing for us but we're on the edge of it.
    I'm hoping we get it!!! I'd rather snow than freezing rain or sleet.

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2238536;
    I'm the same way. When I finally finish a room, people say they like it but it takes me forever to figure out what might look good and then actually go for it. I hate matchy matchy and am all over the place style-wise so it takes me forever to get that eclectic look just right. My husband keeps asking me where I am going to hang our various pictures and paintings in our new house and I keep telling him that is the last thing I plan to do, after we've been here awhile. Maybe next year .
    I once felt like decorating my apartment with a few oriental pieces of furniture and drawing a few characters on my wall. I also like to look for antique furniture i.e an old lamp or an old dining room table. They do cost more than more modern furniture, but I find they give the room more character.

We're supposed to get about an inch or two of snow and then possibly freezing rain starting tomorrow mid-day. Yuck!

We're under a snow watch until Wednesday 12 noon! It's already this morning coming down real fine..that's the slippery kind of snow.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

+ Reply to Thread