+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2236056;
    What I don't understand is why do some British or Australian actors even need to speak "American" for some of their roles. America is such a melting pot now that it wouldn't be far-fetched to have a doctor or other characters have an accent, even if the supporting cast didn't. Is it because it would be too distracting?
    Actually Chase on House is Australian and has an accent. But you are right, they don't do it often.

On another note. I was watching a movie last night and this came to me out of the blue. Ever notice that in a movie or "adult" series (like Sopranos) that no one ever has sex with anything but a sheet on the bed? Where are the comforters or grandma's crocheted afgan or a dog peering over the side of the bed? I mean, they show them afterwards all sexily tangled up in a sheet, leaning on one elbow having some wonderful conversation and there is nary a stray set of underwear or socks on the floor, no cover on the bed except the sheet they are wound up in. That just does NOT happen in real life.

They never show two adults flopped on their backs, trying to catch their breath, heaving air like 2 fish out of water or searching the floor for a sock or bra or pair of underwear and talking about the electric bill or how the hinge on the back door needs to be fixed. Just another area where the movies are NOT ever like real like.

The other thing? They always find a place to park in the movies. If the bad or good guy is driving, even in NYC, they always find a parking space to pull into. I spend hours of my life with my husband driving around looking for parking spaces.

I guess if I was a movie star, I'd have movie sex with no sweating or heavy breathing after, wrapped up in a sheet and no dogs trying to get on the bed and I'd always have a parking space no matter where I went.
    Personally, if I only get to pick one, it'd be the parking space.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2236078;
    Actually Chase on House is Australian and has an accent. But you are right, they don't do it often.

On another note. I was watching a movie last night and this came to me out of the blue. Ever notice that in a movie or "adult" series (like Sopranos) that no one ever has sex with anything but a sheet on the bed? Where are the comforters or grandma's crocheted afgan or a dog peering over the side of the bed? I mean, they show them afterwards all sexily tangled up in a sheet, leaning on one elbow having some wonderful conversation and there is nary a stray set of underwear or socks on the floor, no cover on the bed except the sheet they are wound up in. That just does NOT happen in real life.

They never show two adults flopped on their backs, trying to catch their breath, heaving air like 2 fish out of water or searching the floor for a sock or bra or pair of underwear and talking about the electric bill or how the hinge on the back door needs to be fixed. Just another area where the movies are NOT ever like real like.

The other thing? They always find a place to park in the movies. If the bad or good guy is driving, even in NYC, they always find a parking space to pull into. I spend hours of my life with my husband driving around looking for parking spaces.

I guess if I was a movie star, I'd have movie sex with no sweating or heavy breathing after, wrapped up in a sheet and no dogs trying to get on the bed and I'd always have a parking space no matter where I went.
    Personally, if I only get to pick one, it'd be the parking space.
    See here for more Movie Stuff - 40 Things That Only Happen in Movies - Some are so true...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I got the 1000-tc sheets, and they are a little bit of heaven on earth!!! It was worth the expenditure! I might even pick up another set if they are still available in a couple of weeks!

I've decided that one of my next indulgences is Godiva Hot Cocoa -- Dark Chocolate Truffle flavor. It has been forever since I've had some really good cocoa. This is a 15 oz. cannister for $10.

Must be the non-stop cold weather that is making me want to spoil myself right now.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2236078;
    On another note. I was watching a movie last night and this came to me out of the blue. Ever notice that in a movie or "adult" series (like Sopranos) that no one ever has sex with anything but a sheet on the bed? ...
    I always noticed that on Sex and the City, Carrie was always shown in underwear; even in bed she had a bra on. I think she insisted in her contract because she was married.

Just the other night on Medium, the mom had a terrible dream, got out of bed, wrapping the huge bedsheet all around her, and went into the kitchen to talk with her hubby. She looked like she was naked underneath. Have you ever tried that? It's ridiculous! Try it. Pretend to just get out of bed and take the entire bedsheet with you. (yes, without the comforter, dogs, cats, and assorted stuff). You'd think she'd get out of bed and put on a robe. Not drag bedding all over the house.

prhoshay: Try the above. Maybe with 1200ct bedsheets it works really easy!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I was at a TJMax last year and found a top sheet 1,000 tc in the discount bin for almost nothing. It is an odd olive color, but I went for it. It is my favorite sheet. Nothing to go with it, but I don't care. I don't think they'll be photographing my house for Better Homes and Gardens any time soon.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2237320;
    I was at a TJMax last year and found a top sheet 1,000 tc in the discount bin for almost nothing. It is an odd olive color, but I went for it. It is my favorite sheet. Nothing to go with it, but I don't care. I don't think they'll be photographing my house for Better Homes and Gardens any time soon.
    Anyway I think the "matching" thing went out in the 90's. Well that's like some people I know who insist that for example a living room needs to have 2 matching end tables with 2 matching lamps along with couch and/or loveseat and/or chairs that match.. I gave that up years ago. I have a pretty good eye for this and it doesn't look too bad in my apt. (when I get my camera back from work I'll take some), I also have things covered with sheets and/or towels because it's easier to clean.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2236375;
    Must be the non-stop cold weather that is making me want to spoil myself right now.
    Nothing wrong with that!

Misskitty - I saw that on Medium too - all I could think of was how she was going to have to totally remake her bed in the morning - no way I'd make that extra work for myself.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2237331;
    Anyway I think the "matching" thing went out in the 90's. Well that's like some people I know who insist that for example a living room needs to have 2 matching end tables with 2 matching lamps along with couch and/or loveseat and/or chairs that match.. I gave that up years ago. I have a pretty good eye for this and it doesn't look too bad in my apt. (when I get my camera back from work I'll take some), I also have things covered with sheets and/or towels because it's easier to clean.
    I call the un-matching thing ecclectic! I do that. I have two tables with lamps beside my love seat. But each table is different and so are the lamps. But they balance out in a non-matchy way. My entire house is kinda "off".

I also have blankets covering many chairs to keep the kitts nice and warm. Even blankets for pulling over the chairs in order to make an inside tent. Mr. Tootles likes tents and hidy places.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Has anyone tried the dark chocolate covered Altoids? When I first saw them I thought it sounded disgusting. Then I was curious and picked up a tin. Mmmm - sort of like crunchy Junior Mints. Then my daughter got me a tin of chocolate covered cinnamon ones... hmmm. Not sure if I like them (of course I can always just suck the chocolate off and spit the rest out).
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2236375;

Me too, prhoshay....I keep making cups of hot tea, and it is very warming in this kind of cold, cold weather.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

+ Reply to Thread