+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7139Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

I looooooooove a southern accent. I went to university in British Columbia, and on the first day of one of my classes ( a big one with 200 plus), the prof started speaking and a ripple went through the room. He was from Georgia, and he really laid the drawl on thick to take us by surprise. Half the girls in the class were in love with him...lol.

I don't particularly love the Aussie or English accent, but then I am surrounded by them. I think we always find the unusual attractive. Although, I have to say that spanish can be a very flowery beautiful language.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    OK, here's something disturbing. You know those parkas with the fur around the hood? They are usually labeled as faux fur, or raccoon...this fur has been found to be dog fur...from the raccoon dog. And the dogs are skinned while still alive. I had never heard of a raccoon dog, but google yields results. These fur pieces have been found in many stores, top end included. I'm not really big on PETA, but this is just wrong!

These stores have included Macy's, Burlington Coat Factory and J.C. Penney. Designers and brands included Sean John, Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger, it said. Most of the jackets tested were labeled as coming from China.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 02-09-2007 at 04:17 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornedbeef;2235222;
    Hugh Laurie does a fantastic job talking with an American accent.
    I just read an interview with him in a medical magazine in the dr. office and he says he has a REALLY hard time with the American accent, especially on the medical terms and that they have to sometimes do several retakes to get it right. He said when he sees a script and it has certain medical terms in it, he goes: "oh sh*t". In his real life his father was a dr. but says he was nothing like house and would be appalled at house's behavior, but that having grown up with a dr. for a father, it does help him somewhat play one.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2235416;
    I just read an interview with him in a medical magazine in the dr. office and he says he has a REALLY hard time with the American accent
    An American accent does appear to be difficult for the British. They do a good enough job in American shows and movies, but I always cringe when I hear an American accent being done on a British show - they're almost invariably flat and nasal, and they're definitely unattractive.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2235357;
    OK, here's something disturbing. You know those parkas with the fur around the hood? They are usually labeled as faux fur, or raccoon...this fur has been found to be dog fur...from the raccoon dog. And the dogs are skinned while still alive. I had never heard of a raccoon dog, but google yields results. These fur pieces have been found in many stores, top end included. I'm not really big on PETA, but this is just wrong!
    That's very disturbing. I've heard that some little fur cat ornaments in stores are actually made from cat fur. And they come from China. Several countries have no problems eating dogs, cats, horses. There is no such things as humane and ethical treatment of animals in some countries. It's just awful.
    Last edited by Mariner; 02-10-2007 at 02:26 AM. Reason: remove image
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Yes, I have an article on that that I use in my classroom unit on child labor abuse. 13 year old girls skin the cats alive to make the figurines. (in China)
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy;2235010;
    Someone with a British accent could say, "I shall now release the bomb" and you'd believe it was armageddon; if I said it with my southern accent, you'd laugh.
    I laughed just reading this Lucy because I just couldn't picture you even saying that.
    I have a girl who works for me from West Virginia. I love her to death, she's a great employee. She has the cutest accent, but her sister just melts me when she talks. I could talk to her for hours.

Just catching up with all the talk in here. The shoe size talk depressed me as my shoe size right now is 12...no bigger thank you very much

What exactly is it about a British or Australian accent on a guy (Simon Cowell excluded) that drives all the girls so crazy???
    As for this....hearing a British accent doesn't have much of an impact on me, other than make me homesick. Southern accents, however, turn me into a big puddle of mush. Australian is somewhere in the middle.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2235426;
    An American accent does appear to be difficult for the British. They do a good enough job in American shows and movies, but I always cringe when I hear an American accent being done on a British show - they're almost invariably flat and nasal, and they're definitely unattractive.
    Renee Zwelleger does a decent enough job protraying Bridget Jones.

What I don't understand is why do some British or Australian actors even need to speak "American" for some of their roles. America is such a melting pot now that it wouldn't be far-fetched to have a doctor or other characters have an accent, even if the supporting cast didn't. Is it because it would be too distracting?
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

+ Reply to Thread