+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5892Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Maybe someone can answer a question for me. I was watching the half-time show - well, sort of watching the half-time show. I'm not a big fan of Prince, but I was very impressed with the quality of the show he put on in the pouring rain. My question is this - with all that rain and the electric guitars, was that really safe? I was waiting the entire time for a short or something to happen!

I don't know SocutMom, about the danger of the rain and the electricity on stage, but I wondered the same thing. I enjoyed hearing Billy Joel sing The National Anthem more than hearing Prince, myself.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2229576;
    I've got a chance to buy 1000 thread count sheets for $79.99. I'm still debating. Hmmmm.........what to do??
    I say buy. And I ask where? I'd love me some 1,000 count sheets. Pima or Egyption cotton?
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    The store is called Tuesday Morning; I've probably mentioned it in here before. The are offering 600-tc (59.99, regularly sold 159.99 and 179.99), 800-tc (69.99, regularly sold 179.00 and 199.00) and 1000-tc (regularly 316.00 and 342.00). It is a "cotton sateen single-ply yarn for softness".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have to admit that until a few years ago,I didn't even know there was such a thing as 1,000 tc sheets. I don't have any, just read about them. I recently saw some 1,200tc on sale. I'd just like to feel them and see what I think.

I love Tuesday Morning but none very close to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2229847;
    Maybe someone can answer a question for me. I was watching the half-time show - well, sort of watching the half-time show. I'm not a big fan of Prince, but I was very impressed with the quality of the show he put on in the pouring rain. My question is this - with all that rain and the electric guitars, was that really safe? I was waiting the entire time for a short or something to happen!
    We thought that, too. I looked but didn't see any cords so it must have been some type of wireless transmission - or air guitar .

We were so disappointed in the commercials. Not very many were up to Super Bowl standards. Given the number of ads for CBS shows, we figured they priced themselves out of ad time.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Loved the Blockbuster commercial, when the critter was trying to manipulate the mouse! It was one of the first ones they showed.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD
    Honestly, I think Prince was not only lip synching, but guitar synching his part, so in that case, no electrical equipment. I have been to concerts in the rain and they still played, so there must be some kind of safety factor built into the electric guitars and mics.

I was very disappointed in Prince and the commercials. The game was pretty goood. Go Colts! But the rest was not up to par. I love prince and I thouht his performance was meh at best.
    Last year they had the Stones and it souned horrible. I had just seen them in concert and they were awesome, but you would have never known that from the halftime show.

I read that the picking of Prince and the songs he sang was a nod to history being made as 2 black coaches were in the superbowl and one would be the first black coach ever to win it and that since Feb. is Black History Month, using him and the particular songs he chose (Tina Turner, Jimi Hendrix) was a nod to black music history. Although I had to wonder about the Aunt Jemina do rag he had on.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I missed Billy Joel But I thought the half-time show was pretty good considering the pouring rain. I agree, I was waiting for some electrical malfunction! I dont love Prince, but I think he succeeded in getting the crowd wowed. I think those shows always have pre-recorded music just in case.

myrosiedog: I noticed that doo rag thing too. Glad he finally took it off. It was rain-soaked and starting dripping in his face

I didn't realize the connection with Black History Month, the coaches and the choice of entertainment. That was actually quite smart and appropriate then.

Did anyone else notice, um, the inappropriate profile that Prince made with his weird name-shaped purple guitar? It was most noticeable when the white sheets were up showing a shadow. I know I'm not the only one.

Either way it was a great game!! Love it when the underdog wins.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD
    Sorry for the double post, but I have a very important question.

How does one go about reporting a Doctor and a ARNP to the proper place? And what is the proper place?

Today was the FINAL straw for me and one of my doctors. I have received substandard care, I was treated horribly from the receptionist to the Dr. and the ARNP and after what the ARNP said to me today, I came home, found another dr. office and now I wish to report them for a violation of ethical standards and just overall poor treatment of patients.

But I need to know who to report them too and do I just write a letter or do I call?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread