+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree20309Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Last week when I went by Costco, I really didn't need gas, but when I saw it was $1.95, I pulled up and got in line. My tank only took a few gallons. I wanted to say that I purchased gas for under $2.00 one more time in my life! I didn't know how long it would last. I really wonder just how much lower it will go. I dare say $1.60! Now that's crazy talk!

Nevermind what I said about the lowest prices only being at Costco. OTHER places also have it under $2.00!
    Find the lowest gas prices in Raleigh, Durham, Cary, NC :: WRAL.com
    AmyKay likes this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

to those of you paying < 2 bucks/gallon for gasoline. I filled up at $2.47 last week, so hopefully prices will continue the downward trend.

The Pope is coming to the US this month and will be celebrating Masses in different cities. He is arriving in NYC and celebrating a Mass at the National 9/11 Memorial on Friday, September 25, 2015. Family members of the deceased victims were able to submit their names for a lottery to attend. No, this post does not have a happy ending for me and my dh. Our names were not chosen.

BUT, I just saw a Facebook post from a former student of mine who has made a career for herself in the Air Force that she was chosen to attend the Mass in D.C.
    It's at the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception next to Catholic University. I'm so excited and happy for her. She deserves it. She gives so much of herself to her community.

And my good news is that I won the Labor Day 50/50 raffle from the clubhouse we belong to at our mountain home. I'm $250 richer. Woo Hoo!

You deserve it too ECM! I sure do wish you could attend. Is there any other way? Great news for your former student though. I bet she is so excited.

Congrats on the Raffle WIN! That's a nice prize too.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Aww, thanks, Debb. No, there's no other way for us to attend. Perhaps it will be live-streamed. I'm not sure. As a Roman Catholic, I haven't been this enamored with a Pope in a long, long time. It would have been wonderful to be in his presence, if even among thousands.
    Punkin, Maveno and Debb70 like this.

I see what you did there Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    As a Roman Catholic, I haven't been this enamored with a Pope in a long, long time. It would have been wonderful to be in his presence, if even among thousands.
    Me TOOOOooo!! Love this Pope, as I'm Roman Catholic too..and just haven't had someone I've absolutely adored til now. I know that sounds weird, I love(d) all the Popes, but this guy takes the cake!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

I am not RC, but this pope is really down to earth. ( no pun intended) I liked the last pope, but this one is more accepting.
    AmyKay and Eastcoastmom like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Pope Francis (named for the saint my city is named for, so I like that!) is who I didn't believe we would ever have as Pope. A real man of the people who doesn't need to live in opulence and has actually lived among real people who suffer from lack of privilege or power. He understands first hand what it means to a family when they have too many children to care for. He may recognize that contraception is necessary for poor families so that the children will have a better chance in life, and change the Church policy on birth control. That would be amazing!

I was raised in the Church, but no longer consider myself Catholic or a member of any 'organized religion'. But I think, once a Catholic, that identification always remains. So yeah, I consider him my Pope too and I have high hopes for what changes he can bring about in the Church.
    Ellen, Maveno and AmyKay like this.
    Lynda

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    I was raised in the Church, but no longer consider myself Catholic or a member of any 'organized religion'. But I think, once a Catholic, that identification always remains. So yeah, I consider him my Pope too and I have high hopes for what changes he can bring about in the Church.
    I know we've talked about this, but I feel the need to highlight it and say, I'm no longer a practicing Roman Catholic either, or any organized religion.

Also, he carries his own luggage, doesn't want the papal limousines, instead of living in the palace, he chose to be in the Vatican guesthouse, and (what made me sit up straight and notice) he went to a shelter and washed and kissed drug users feet. If I recall correctly, some even had AIDS and others had other diseases.
    I mean, WOW!

Remarkably humble.
    AmyKay likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    I know we've talked about this, but I feel the need to highlight it and say, I'm no longer a practicing Roman Catholic either, or any organized religion.

Also, he carries his own luggage, doesn't want the papal limousines, instead of living in the palace, he chose to be in the Vatican guesthouse, and (what made me sit up straight and notice) he went to a shelter and washed and kissed drug users feet. If I recall correctly, some even had AIDS and others had other diseases.
    I mean, WOW!

Remarkably humble.
    Yeah, where did they get him? And how was he elected, considering the entitled crowd around him? You could describe him as ... ummm, what's that word? Oh, Christlike!

And he is on the right side of the Global Warming crisis.
    Maveno likes this.
    Lynda

Yep and yep!

I only recollect those few examples of him from my mom. She talks about Pope Francis every time we talk on the phone.. She's just beside herself with adoration and pride. Doesn't hurt that her middle name is Frances.
    Punkin and Baby's Breath like this.

+ Reply to Thread