+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6433Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2221749;
    I like looking at pretty people, but I'm happy to do that from afar. I don't need to stand next to them so that my normalness can be compared to all their made-up glory!
    I've not met many real "celebrities", but I've met quite a few reality tv stars. Whats interesting to me is how normal they look when you see them in person. The larger-than-life aura that you feel when you see them on tv is completely lost when you see them in person. One in particular that comes to mind was a guy that was on Big Brother a few seasons ago. He was one of the "Four Horsemen" and so was portrayed as somewhat of a villian. When I met him out in the real world, he just seemed like a kid that was intimidated by all of the celebrity that he had stumbled into.

The only exceptions to this that I've encountered have been Roy Rogers, Rodger Bingham, and Jake Billingsley. Those three gentleman really did seem larger-than-life. Their personalities filled the space they were in, if that makes sense.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2221749;
    I like looking at pretty people, but I'm happy to do that from afar. I don't need to stand next to them so that my normalness can be compared to all their made-up glory!
    Lois, if you like looking at pretty people, I'm sure all you have to do is look in the mirror!

I've met Bill Clinton and Al Gore, separately, of course. Gore was pretty flat; meeting Clinton was pretty exciting. That man is electric. He is, truly, a people person. I've got a piece of Clinton White House memorabilia in my china cabinet.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I've met Bill Clinton and Al Gore, separately, of course. Gore was pretty flat; meeting Clinton was pretty exciting. That man is electric. He is, truly, a people person. I've got a piece of Clinton White House memorabilia in my china cabinet.
    How'd you get it out of the White House without them taking you down?
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Premium Member
    I met John Denver once backstage after a concert. Unfortunately he acted pretty stoned, I've never had anyone stare right through me the way he did. Maybe it was just exhaustion.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2221964;
    How'd you get it out of the White House without them taking you down?
    The same way Barbara Walters does!! She says she takes something everytime she visits The White House. (Toilet tissue, etc.)

Actually, he was in my city, and I worked in a field that made meeting him possible. A gorgeous man who was head of the motor fleet made sure we got items. We almost talked him out of the shirt he was wearing, but time ran short! We almost got it, though! Secret Service guys can be really helpful, too.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2221927;
    Lois, if you like looking at pretty people, I'm sure all you have to do is look in the mirror!
    Awwwwwwwwwwww!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2221927;
    Lois, if you like looking at pretty people, I'm sure all you have to do is look in the mirror! .
    That's a very nice thing to say.

MRD
    I'd love to meet the Clintons and Jimmy Carter. Plains is not that far from here and you can go to his church and his sunday class he teaches.

Here is a funny celeb meeting story from one of my friends. The way she tells it is a scream as she can do the English accent.

about 15 years ago, she was traveling from Arizona after a wedding. She had the red eye out to Pittsburg. She's sitting in the airport late at night, its almost deserted, reading when this loud group of people walk through with long hair, jeans, etc. One lurches into her and apologizes. She looks up from her book and says: "that's ok".
    He says:

No, no, I'm really sorry, my fault,

Her: No, its ok.

Him: well would you like my autograph then?

Her: Who are you?

Him: Ozzy Osbourne, you know, Black Sabbath and all that. You could have your picture taken with me if you want.

Her: Oh, Ummmm no thanks on the autograph and picture. I'm good.

And she goes back to reading, he and his entourage wander off. 2 years later she meets her future husband who is a HUGE Ozzy fan and he's never fortgiven her for not getting the picture taken or the autograph.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

myrosiedog, I used to work in a hotel where big sports stars came through all the time. I'd be talking to one (most were loud, stupid jerks) and then one of my coworkers would say, "Do you know who that was???" and precede to tell me what football/basketball/whatever team they played for. I don't follow any sports, really, except for a touch of horse racing and NASCAR, so I would never know. I still don't remember who any of them were.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I Is Stephanie
    Yeah, I don't think I'd forgive her either....

I always get jealous when I hear on the radio 'WIN TICKETS TO SEE NICKELBACK BACKSTAGE IN CONCERT!'

I looked into the cost of said tickets, a 5-minute meeting with them is $500 American! Now, I totally understand that these guys are worth more than the building they're going to playing in, but, having said that, I also totally understand that they're not made of glass, it won't kill them to have people near them.

However, if a ticket 'accidentally' fell into my hands... I just need to figure out how to get it to fall into my hands....

And no, I'm not crazy. Have you seen these guys? They're GORGEOUS!
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

+ Reply to Thread